IX

▬▬▬▬

▬▬▬▬

THE DRIVE TO THE HOTEL was as awkward as it was uneventful.

I felt Jimin's eyes burning holes into the back of my head, but I kept my eyes trained on the scenery outside, too scared to turn around and make eye contact with him.

After ten minutes of awkward silence, we finally pulled up to the hotel.

I craned my neck in an attempt to see the entirety of the vast building just outside the window.

THE CAPITOL HOTEL, TOKYO

As we pulled up to the entrance, I noticed a swarm of hotel employees walking briskly to our car.

My door was immediately opened by a man in a bell hop uniform, looking rather stiff and emotionless.

His action caught me by surprise, but I didn't want to be rude so I gingerly stepped out of the car and glanced at my surroundings.

I found myself lost in the middle of the hustle and bustle of hotel employees surrounding our car and almost panicked, as I couldn't see Jimin or Mr. Han anywhere.

My eyes darted around quickly, until I finally spotted Jimin a few feet away, observing the bell boys carrying our luggage in with a distasteful look on his face.

Not knowing what else to do, I walked towards him.

He must have spotted me out of the corner of his eye, because once I was a few feet away from him, he turned to look at me.

He glanced at me arrogantly, as if he knew I was previously lost and confused without him.

His eyes darted to my right and his expression changed to one of concern.

"Seoyeon!" He cried out, jumping towards me and grabbing my wrist.

He tugged me towards his chest roughly as I heard the screech of tires.

My face was buried in his neck for a second before I quickly whipped my head around to determine the cause of the sound.

A car, only feet away from us, was stopped exactly where I had been previously standing.

He had just saved my life.

What the fuck?

"Are you okay?" Jimin asked, looking down at me with what seemed to be genuine concern.

It was then that I realized he was still holding my wrist, his surprisingly soft hand offering warmth from the bitter Tokyo winds.

I swallowed thickly and looked down as I felt my cheeks tinge pink, "Y-yea I'm good, thank you."

I finally mustered up enough courage to look him in the eyes.

He was smiling down at me, and the odd thing was, he didn't do it with his usual level of arrogance.

I was taken aback by his act of kindness.

"Are you okay?" I probed, narrowing my eyes at his behavior.

"Yea of course, why?" He seemed genuinely confused at my question.

"Well you were just nice to me, and you didn't make any inappropriate comments, both of which are pretty out of character for you."

His smile faltered and he dropped my hand, the warmth leaving immediately.

His reaction almost made me feel bad for ruining whatever moment we were having.

"You don't even know my real character," he replied, his voice was quieter than usual, but his frustration was still evident.

"Jimin!" I called out to his retreating figure.

"Just go check us in," he spat before disappearing into the hotel.

My shoulders sagged and the guilt began eating away at me until I realized,

Why do I care if I offended him?

He's been nothing but terrible to me since we met.

Now annoyed at his dramatics, I followed his path and walked to the entrance of the hotel.

The doorman held open the large, gold embellished door for me as I slipped inside, thankful for the escape from the cold.

▬▬▬▬
Thank you for reading:)) if you're enjoying, feel free to vote and comment!