𝐁𝐚𝐜𝐤 𝐡𝐨𝐦𝐞

June 20, 2019
Columbia Hospital 📍
11:30am
_________________________________________
"You're only four centimeters dilated right now so you're not there yet honey but everything's good. Babies are good. You just had some braxton hicks. Just stay calm, you're almost there," I smile giving my patient advice.

"But the babies are due in three days when do I know to come back? I want to make sure that i'm really going into labour and not just having braxton hicks."

"You'll know. Braxton hicks and labour contractions feel very different from each other believe it or not. You'll feel some pain in your lower backside, you're gonna feel your stomach tighten up and sometimes women may feel that their water breaks and when that time comes, mom over here needs to rush you over here as soon as possible!" I say making them laugh.

"Thank you doctor Almanzar, we really appreciate you," The mother smiles and nods before standing up to shake my hand.

"No problem, you two are all set and i'll see you soon," I smile before leaving the room.

Today was one of my busiest days. I've been at the hospital since three this morning delivering babies back to back, checking up on patients, and booking appointments.

I walk down the hall to another patient grabbing their file from the door before being stopped by Brooklyn.

"Rocky said to call him when you get a chance," She smirks making me smile before going into the room.

I haven't been able to talk to him all day because of me running around the hospital so much.

"Good morning how you feeling?" I ask walking into another patient's room.

"A little groggy but happy," She smiles sitting up, "I gave birth to the most precious little girl you could ever ask for," She says while looking at over at her baby, "Thank you Aaliyah, we truly appreciate you."

"No, it was all you girl!" I laugh making her laugh.

"Unh unh, you stayed up with me all night helping me induce and everything and motivating me thank you," She smiles.

"No problem," I smile back, "here are your release forms, you don't have to sign just yet whenever you're ready."

"Thank you again," Her husband says setting up the car set.

"You're welcome."

I leave the room putting their files back in the holder on the door and walk down the hall and into my office seeing three large bouquets of flowers with an envelope.

I know this a little corny but you make me do this corny shit lmao but I miss yo ass like crazy and I cant wait to see you in a couple of hours , Rak.

"Goodmorning," He answers the phone smiling.

"Goodmorning," I smile fluttering my eyes, "Thank you for the flowers babeee," I say as I sit down at my desk doing paperwork, And I read the notecard .. I like that corny lovey dovey shit cause new york niggas don't do shit like this!" I say making him laugh, "Im serious."

"You must've been fucking with some little boys then, niggas can't even show they appreciation to they female, tsss!" He shakes his head laughing making me laugh.

"So you're coming when? When's your flight leave?" I ask.

"On the plane right now, I land at five tonight. Don't stay up get some sleep, I wanna take you out tonight."

"No, come over later on i'm cooking. No going out tonight."

"Oh word? That's how you feeling?" He laughs making me laugh.

"Yup. come over at like eight okay?" I say.

"Yeah," He nods licking his lips.

"Alright bye, i'll see you.."

6:30pm
Aaliyah's House 📍
_________________________________________
"Where you going?" My mom asks coming in my room to find perfume.

"Nowhere," I laugh as I do my hair in the bathroom.

"Then why you all dressed up? That boy coming over?" She smirks making me laugh.

"Ma," I say rolling my eyes.

"Don't 'ma' me, he's coming over isn't he?" She laughs making me laugh.

"Yeah."

"Well don't wear that! And clean up your room this place is a mess! What time is he coming over?" She asks putting away the mess of clothes on my bed.

"Eight."

"You better start cooking and lighting some candles. Make sure you put some music on the background you know set the mood..." She says laughing.

"Maaaa!" I laugh.

"Okay, your tia Marie is gonna be here soon, so I'll be leaving in a couple of minutes."

"Where you going?" I ask.

"Out to the club! This is the first week of summer for the kids and i'm done. I need this night for myself," She explains before we hear a beep outside.

"CHICA!"

"There she goes, I'll see you!" She scurries into the bathroom kissing my cheek before hurrying downstairs and out the door.

7:50pm
_________________________________________
I had the whole hood romantic set up. Music playing, I only had two candles lit one in the kitchen and one in the living room.

I made stuffed chicken with cheese and spinach and then noodles on the side. I always made this whenever family and my friends came over.

"Babeeee!" I smile hugging him tightly.

"I missed you!" He laughs before kissing me.

"I missed you too," I say, "How was it? How was the flight? Did you sleep?" I ask closing the door behind him.

"Yeah, I slept on the plane for like four-five fours..did you sleep?" He asks as we walk into the kitchen.

"Yeah couple hours.." I answer.

"Whatchu making though?" He smirks making me laugh.

"It's stuffed chicken with cheese and spinach and some tomato sauce with some garlic butter noodles."

"Damnnnnnnn!" He laughs, "I never had no damn stuffed chicken..check you out! All fancy and shit!" He laughs making me laugh.

"I make this all the time!" I say as I start grabbing plates and forks.

"So where's everybody at?" He asks.

"Well my brothers are at my cousin Carla's, My mom is with my aunt at...some club.. and Brooklyn's at work."

"Still?!" He raises his eyebrows and widens his eyes, "That doctor shit serious. Be having yah there for odee long."

"Nah, she came home with me but one of her patients requested for her to come in and help induce her."

"Oh for labor?" He asks making me laugh.

"Yeah babe."

"So Brooklyn does the same thing you do? She delivers the babies and everything?" He questions.

At this point, we were both sitting at the kitchen table eating and talking while the scented candle in front of us burned and music played in the background.

"Basically. Every time I deliver she's right there with me and vice versa. She'll clean the baby up and take them to a different room where we do the hearing tests and then you know I'll weigh them and do the height and everything."

"That's dope. Family business right there. Yah the two main ones delivering in the hospital?"

"No, there's a couple other people too."

"That's cool.." He nods eating his food.

"Yeah.." I nod eating my food.