𝐓𝐞𝐚

3:30pm
The Bronx Zoo 📍
Bronx, NY
_________________________________________
"Can I get one medium chocolate chip cookie dough and two small servings of the birthday cake," I order at the dippin dots stand.

"Totals gonna be twenty even," The girl says.

"God damn," I say under my breath before laughing.

"Here JuJu," I say, "And Saint be careful you don't drop it."

"I won't titi," Julian says.

My cousin's kids were only ages three and two. Julian is the oldest and Saint is the youngest—just until she's due in November.

Because of my day off today, I wanted to take the kids to the Bronx Zoo. You know, get them out the house and let them run around and play and see animals.

"Okay, what do you guys wanna see first?" I ask fixing the stroller.

It was one of those big ass strollers where you could fit two kids in at once side by side. Thank god Carla had one of those or I would definitely not be at the zoo with two toddlers by myself.

"The monkeys!" Saint shouts.

"Alright baby," I say turning in a different direction.

When we got to where the monkey's were I unstrapped the kids out their seats and let them run and play.

"Excuse me, aren't you Aaliyah Amour—from Instagram? Do you mind if i get a picture?" A girl asks making me laugh.

"I mean, yeah of course but girl i am not famous i'm just a regular ol' person," I say making her laugh as she takes the picture, "What's your name?" I ask.

"Lina, I've been following you on insta ever since you and Asap Rocky were starting to be seen together."

"Oh yeahhhh," I laugh making her laugh.

"I see your busy though so i'm gonna head back to my friends, it was nice meeting you though!" She shouts walking away.

And it couldn't have been a more perfect time—Rakim was face timing me.

"Wassup babe?" I say answering the phone.

"You look good," He smirks making me laugh, "you at the zoo though right?" He asks.

"Yeah how'd you know?" I ask looking up at the kids before looking back down at my phone.

"You got paparazzi taking photos of you and your nephews, and those photos coming right to my phone. Niggas tagging me in the same picture on instagram over and over again!" He laughs making me laugh, "I'm deadass babe!"

"I know, I know so what do you want me to do? Like I literally just got here with the boys."

"Ima send security, see once people start recognizing you they're gonna bombard you and your personal space for clout."

"Ouuuu security, I feel famous!" I laugh making him laugh, "But yeah, I don't want to have the kids with me when a whole bunch of people start coming up to me with their cameras."

"Yeah, the kids gonna get scared...you're gonna be aggravated and i—."

"You what?" I smirk making him laugh.

"I don't wanna deal with all that," He laughs making me laugh.

"Cause you can't handle me."

"Yeah aight," He laughs.

"You can't, gotta go goodnight goodbye!" I say making him laugh.

5:30pm
Aaliyah's House 📍
_________________________________________
After spending exactly two hours at the zoo, we all came home to an empty house. Brooklyn was still with Durkio. Malik and Demetri were out with their friends at a basketball tournament and my mom was at my uncle's house.