𝐎𝐮𝐫 𝐕𝐞𝐫𝐲 𝐅𝐢𝐫𝐬𝐭 𝐃𝐚𝐭𝐞

3am
____________________________________
It was around three in the morning and we were still out, just talking and having fun.The karaoke place had closed and we wanted to walk through central park before getting me home.

"I still can't believe the CEO of Republic Records like where Ariana Grande and Drake and The Weekend and Wayne and a whole bunch of other people are signed like it's unbelievable bro," I had my hand around his right arm while laying my head on it.

"It was gonna happen sooner or later Aaliyah.. your so naturally talented and raw and your voice—it gives off the 90s vibe like Aaliyah Haughton and Ashanti vibes.That typa shit."

"People don't even get this type of recognition like I just did.I mean I have never sang in front of an audience.. let alone almost two hundred people and one of those hundred people happened to be Monte Lipman."

"It was fate.It was like a blessing.You're right though there's mad people out there who probably be at that club singing hoping to get noticed or people on the streets performing hoping to get noticed but you, this was all God."

"Just thinking about it is wild.Like imagine if I were to be signed to a high label and quit my job and then go stupid famous? Like me? Why me?" I laugh.

"You think that's yah ticket out?I mean being an artist isn't just traveling to cool places and getting mad money and getting luxury it's the hard work..long days and nights.. not being able to see family for days at a time..all of that is behind it."

"See now that's what I don't wanna do.I don't want to end up like other celebrities.They do drugs and have fallouts and end up on the news and being arrested and some end up dying like I don't want that.This music shit supposed to be fun right?" I laugh looking up at him.

"It is but some people make it a job.But Republic Records is good though, that's major like deadass major major recognition.I think you should make that appointment," He looks down at me.

"I gotta think about it like..this is a big deal and a big opportunity.I can't pass it up."

"It's whatever you wanna do, at the end of the day as long as you're happy with the decision and that's the best one."

A couple minutes of silence go by until I finally speak up.

"You know the park closed like a whole two hours ago right?" I laugh.

"We ain't gonna get caught or nothing we ain't doing shit but taking a long shortcut on your way home," He laugh making me roll my eyes.

3:50am
____________________________________
"So, you gonna be good going home?" I ask as we walk up the steps to my front door.

"Yeah," He laughs, "I live not too far so I'm good."

"You sure you don't want like a uber or cab or something? Someone could like rob you."

"I'm okay," He lifts one shoulder up laughing.

"Mhm alright," I roll my eyes making him laugh.

"So," He sighs sitting down.

"So.." I sit down next to him.

"You consider this our first date?"

"Hm?"

"You told me to ask you again later on.. you consider this the first date?" He smiles.

"I do.It was the best date I've ever been on and not because you took me to some fancy ass restaurant but like I genuinely haven't had fun like that ever."

"Me neither, I mean this had to be my first normal and calm day in years.Every where I go somebody always gotta take my picture but I really had fun."

Rakim was doing it right.He wanted me to have fun and be comfortable and that's what happened tonight.We got more closer and comfortable with each other during every conversation.

And even the little things he did by moving me to the inside of the street to where he was on the outside.
Opening the door for me at all times.Every decision we made tonight was based on how I felt about it.

"Alright im gonna go inside and get some sleep because I gotta go see my step dad at like ten."

"Alright y-yeah," He stammers standing up; me following, "I'll call you."

"Alright," I smile before hugging him, "thank you for tonight," I look up at him.

He looks me in my eyes and looks at my lips deciding if he should kiss me or not.I look him in his eyes before putting my hand on his left cheek kissing him.

"I'll see you.." I trail off slowly letting go of him.

"Yeah.." I hear him mumble.

I walk in the house closing the door behind me.I go up to my room before noticing Brooklyn coming out hers.

"Damn, bitch you scared me!" I whisper.

"My bad girl," She laughs holding a empty bowl, "You been gone this whole time with Asap?" She raises her eyebrows.

"Yeah.." I laugh going into my room turning on the light.

"Well..where did he take you?" She laughs sitting on my bed.

"He took me to this fancy restaurant right somewhere near here and then we went to Times Square and shit and BITCH we stopped at this karaoke place and I sang."

"You sang? In front of an audience? Damn, this nigga must be doing it right then!"

"But Brooklyn that wasn't the best part this guy came up to me and said my voice was good and everything and gave me his card to make an appointment with him..guess who the fuck this guys was bro.." I explain while taking off my shoes.

"Who?"

"Monte fucking Lipman.CEO of Republic Records my nigga.." I say making her squeal.

"BITCH!" She whispers, "YOU BOUTTA BE FAMOUS!"

"Right!" I whisper, "but I don't know, I don't wanna be controlled like these celebrities out here."

"This is a once in a lifetime opportunity.This shit don't come around everyday.You gotta take that bro what did Asap say?"

"He said I should make an appointment too but I don't know ima think about it.." I trail off throwing myself on the bed.

"Don't think too long you might fuck up ya chances," She laughs making me laugh, "but goodnight remember we gotta be up before 10 to go see Alonzo."

"Aight, ima see you.." I say watching her close my door behind her.

I didn't know what I was gonna do.Taking a big opportunity like this...could change my life for the better but passing it up.. I don't know.

All I knew, was that I needed opinions on this offer—I could never make this big of a decision on my own.