Chapter 5

Jack’s P.O.V

Kristin is such a nice girl. I might have only met her yesterday but I really like her. I’d ask her out but it would be a bit weird as I hardly know her. There’s another problem as well. I’m kind of taken, but she’s been away for 3 weeks on holiday and I haven’t bothered to talk to her, I’m going off her anyway. She complains a lot about things I do whereas Kristin just seems perfect in every way. I don’t want to tell Kristin about her yet.

I waited by the doors at school for ages listening to my iPod until she turned up and saw me. Her face went red, which was really cute. I walked over to where she was standing and smiled. “Hey, you alright?” I asked.

She gave me cute look. “I’m fine, you seen Hayley?” I pointed to the right and she walked off.

I was slightly hurt, I’d been waiting for age for her, but she seemed to be playing it cool.

That means she won’t be clingy when we’re going out. I thought. What! Shut up brain! You met this girl yesterday, and your taken, you dumbass. I sort of shrugged and went to find my mates, Givo, Des and Fabbo. Otherwise, Given, Destery and Fabian. Well they call me Ja-Mo cos my name is Jack Moore. Des gave me a high five when I went to stand with them.

“Hey Ja-Mo, you heard from your bird yet?” Givo asked.

“Nah, I cant be arsed with her anyway. I’m gonna finish her when she comes back.

“Good on you. I hate her anyway, she’s not as fit as that girl you were with yesterday’

“Oh yeah, that Kristin, what’s happening with her anyway? You snogged yet?” asked Fabbo.

“Oh yeah of course” I said sarcastically. “Nothing really, but she was texting me all night. I think she fancies me or something..

‘Dump your other bird and score with her then!” Givo yelled, causing a bunch of year 7 midgets to stop and stare. Fabbo glared at them all until they went away.

“Yeah, whatever. I need to borrow Hayley’s iPod actually, so I’ll talk to her while I’m there.

“Go for it mate” Des said, and gave me another high five. I went to find Hayley then.

-Back to Kristin-

Kristin’s P.O.V

I saw Jack before but I didn’t want to act clingy so I was casual, even though I’d been thinking about him for hours. He acted kind of tough in front of his mates when I was watching him before so I decided to leave him to it. That was until he came over to speak to Hayley! This is my chance! I thought.

I casually tossed my hair and smiled when he came over. “Hey Jack” I smiled.

He looked happy. “Hey Kristin”

Hayley looked a bit annoyed. “Who do you think you are, the Aston Merrygold from JLS of this school” she snapped. Jack winked at me.

“Well, if you say so….” He said. I laughed hysterically and Hayley glared.

“For god’s sake Jack, you have a girlfriend!” she shouted. I stopped laughing.

Jack looked at me worriedly. I felt like I was being stabbed in the chest, no make that my windpipe.

“Oh you didn’t tell her did you!” Hayley yelled. People were crowding round to watch now. Jack went white. Uh oh. This isn’t good.

“Kristin, I’m sorry, but my stupid womanizing brother has a girlfriend, but she’s been on vacation for ages. Tell her who it is, Jack!”

“Um…..er…..” he stuttered.

“TELL HER OR I WILL! DON’T LEAD MY FRIENDS ON LIKE THIS AGAIN EITHER!” she screamed. Loads of little kids crowded round, cheering:

Fight! Fight! Fight!

“K….K….Kristin….sh..she…called……Leah…..but…..I……was……b..b..b..breaking…up…with..her….because….because…..” Jack stuttered.

I didn’t want to know. I was too upset.

“L…Leah who?” I asked. I had a horrible feeling I knew the answer.

“Leah……Thomson….”

Oh right. My best friend Leah. She’d forgot to mention this.

“Oh…..ok” I said, and began to walk away, I was so hurt.

“YOU STUPID WORTHLESS RAT!” Hayley screamed at Jack and slapped him. One of the little kids cheered. Hayley ran after me and left Jack standing there like a gorm.

I wasn’t going to cry, it wasn’t worth crying over. Nathan and Kira were really nice about it but I wanted to know what he was going to say next. I need to find out I thought.

“I’m going outside for a bit, Kira come with me?” I asked at lunch.

“Sure yeah” she said and came with me. We walked off.

“I need to talk to Jack” I muttered.

“Yeah, Hayley told me. I’m so sorry. I know you liked him, but Leah’s been away that long we forgot about her” she said sadly.

“Leah’s a close friend, that’s why I’m upset” I said.

“Oh my god! I’m so sorry!” she whimpered, and gave me a hug. “That’s so sad!”

We went outside and I looked for Jack, I saw him alone, on the phone.

“Let’s hide behind the wall until he gets off the phone” Kira said.

We hid behind the wall and the second he put his phone down we walked past him to see what he’d do. I heard him call: “Kristin!”

I spun round, glaring. “What.” I snapped.

“I broke up with Leah right now……er…..I” he stuttered again.

I turned away. “Don’t mess me around any more Jack” I started walking away.

I got quite far away, Kira following when I heard: “KRISTIN MOORE, I LOVE YOU!”

Oh my god. This is not happening. I stopped dead, I heard footsteps behind me and people giggling and wolf whistling.

Jack grabbed my shoulder while people crowded round, again.

“Kristin, I’ve dumped Leah, but honestly, I have never loved someone at first sight as I have when I saw you. Would you go out with me?”

The crowd went wild, and my heart started hammering.

“Yes” I smiled shakily.

Wow, I was not expecting this I thought as Jack gave me a hug and everyone cheered”

“Let’s go then. Move over guys!” Jack called, as he took hold of my hand as the bell went for Drama.

We walked together, hand in hand to the drama class and the whole set laughed and whistled and oh my godded. The day went really quick after that. I walked home with Kira and filled her in on the info as she’s got swallowed up in the crowd and missed what had happened.

“Bless” was all she said. I smiled.

I went home and told Ashley, who laughed and said that’s great. I lay in bed that night listening to ‘Everybody in Love” by JLS and drifted into sleep, dreaming about me and Jack.