F O U R T E E N

ARIA'S POV

School's elections were coming up, only a few short weeks away..

The auditorium was crowded with students and parents to hear what our future student body president and vice president have to say.

 Only three groups of two were sitting on stools of the stage, ready to convince the audience on why they should vote for them.

I sat next to my parents, in support of my brother for the debate.

One group is Reggie Mantle and Josie McCoy.

Another group are Archie Andrews and Veronica Lodge.

Then, lastly was Jughead Jones and Betty Cooper.

" Okay, now just a quick reminder, that this school hall is a PTA sponsored event." said Alice Cooper, speaking from the podium.

" Oh, looks like we have our first question." She points out to someone in the audience, as the event was starting

I turned around to see Sweet Pea standing up from his seat, Fangs, sitting on top of his seat, next to him.

" Yeah, no offense to the, uh, current administration, but it doesn't feel like anyone's looking out for the students who are being bussed in from the Southside. Is that gonna change?" Sweet Pea asked, as support from Fangs pat his back.

I raised an eyebrow, a bit shocked to his question, being I didn't think Sweet Pea wasn't into these kind-of things.

Then, come to think of it, he doesn't seem to be what I used to think of him.

" Absolutely, Sweet Pea, that's our priority. And no one should feel marginalized or excluded here." said Jughead but both men don't seemed convinced.

" Jughead and I will be representing all students, North and Southside alike

" Jughead and I will be representing all students, North and Southside alike." Betty started to speak on her behalf but, got cut off by her mother.

" Next question. Yes, Midge?" Alice pointed to her.

She stood up before asking her question.

" My question is for Archie and Veronica. Rumor has it that your parents will soon be on opposite sides of the Mayoral election, won't that negatively affect your working relationship?" She questioned.

" Archie and I adhere to the old maxim that "politics are never discussed" at the dinner or the cafeteria table." She responded, causing the crowd to laugh.

" Veronica and I are on the same page about everything, including her family's plan for a prison on the Southside." He spoke.

Then some in the audience started to boo as Mary and Fred looked towards each other and towards my direction if I made any reaction.