T W E L V E

❥ARIA'S POV

" Hiram's gonna beat the clock. Feels like every step I make, he's two or ten steps ahead of me. He's lapping me!" Jughead says to his dad, Fp.

" He's been winning at this game a lot longer than you've been alive." sad Fp.

" Yeah, because he's been rigging the game and everyone's too afraid to come out and speak against him."

Fp sighs before speaking.

" You know, uh...There's one person you haven't asked to go on the record yet." Fp takes a seat on the couch.

" Who?" Jug asked.

" Me." He answers back, which left both of us confused and interested to what he has to say.

" You know, back in the day, Hiram asked me and the Serpents to trash the drive-in so he could buy it for rock-bottom price. We complied." Fp sighs again.

" On purpose?" Jughead, shocked by his dad's words, asked. " You worked for Hiram Lodge?"

" I'll own up to that. On the record, if it'll help you bring him down." 

Jughead's cellphone rings as he had to answer it.

"Hello?" He answered.

" Jughead Jones? I have information about Hiram Lodge's plans. Riverdale bus terminal. 20 minutes." The phone call ended.

" Who was that?" asked Fp.

" I have no idea. But you may not have to go on the record just yet." Jug signaled me to join him as the both of us walked out of his trailer. 

As Jug and I walked out the trailer park, some Serpents turn to look at us but then didn't care and went on their lives.

I look at my surroundings and immediately my eyes easily noticed the very familiar tall Serpent.

Sweet Pea was outside of his trailer, could care less to the Serpent girl flirting with him, noticed someone staring at him and looked at my direction.

My breath hitched as our eyes met. How can this one guy affect me so damn much?

But then the Serpent girl, her hand grabbing his chin, forcing his attention back to her, made me feel-- jealous? Why would I be jealous? He's not my boyfriend and can be with anyone he wants. 

But that's not important right now as I catch up with Jug, who's speed walking ahead of me, to get our business done.

 ❥ ❥ ❥

I turned the engine off of my car as Jughead and I exited the vehicle and walked towards the entrance of the terminal.

Some people were sitting, waiting for their bus to arrive.

As we circled around the benches, the both of us sat to wait for the individual who called Jughead and the information he has against Hiram Lodge.

" I haven't much time." Say the guy behind us, reading his newspaper. Neither one of us dared to turn around to see him.

" Are you Deep Throat?" Jughead questioned him.

" You've been calling everyone in town for information about Hiram Lodge but not me. That's why I called you." He said, placing his newspaper down.

" No offense, but how does a bus driver have insider information on Hiram Lodge?"

" I used to be someone else, someone who was privy to Hiram Lodge's personal affairs. Someone who suffered at his whims." The stranger said, once turning around towards us.