N I N E T E E N

🐍

BETTY, VERONICA, ARCHIE, AND Aria all dressed in black, stood in front of a grave as Betty kneels down in front of it.

Tears were spilling down her face before she spoke.

"Come back to me, Jug." She sobs, touching the newly made tombstone

Forsythe Pendleton Jones III

"We're not done yet, do you hear me? Our story's not over." 

As Betty spoke, the other three stayed quiet above her. Archie comforted his sister, who's quietly sobbing as the loss of her friend, his arm was wrapped around her body.

"It's just the beginning. So you come back to me."

Veronica stayed silent, hearing Betty's words.

"Okay?"

Jughead groans as he woke up, unfamiliar to his surroundings, looking around to see his dad sleeping in a chain nearby him.

"Dad?" 

FP jumped as the disturbance. 

"Jug." He grunts, standing up from his seat.

"What did I miss?" asked Jughead.

"What you did brought every Serpent I've ever known out of the woodwork and you would've been proud of 'em, boy. It looked like we were gonna win the day, but in the end there was just...just too many Ghoulies. It was like shooting snakes in a barrel."

"Why? Why did you go?"

"I wanted to avenge you." He answered back.

"I had an agreement with Hiram Lodge."

"There was no stopping the others. They were churned up about you, Fangs, and Aria. Even though Fangs is...He's alive." FP revealed.

"Fangs is alive?" Jug asked as FP nods his head.

"But I thought... A deputy called you and told you he was dead."

"Yeah, that was a lie."

"A ploy, you mean. To goad the Serpents into a fight they couldn't win. All of riot night was a Hiram Lodge orchestrated mousetrap." Jug sighs

"And the Serpents followed me right into it." He added.

"Sunnyside Trailer Park fell, and while our trailer's still standing, most of them burned." FP continued.

"Jug, after the rumble, some of the Serpents defected, they... they joined the Ghoulies, others were arrested. More went into hiding, the rest, they...they left town. The Serpents, they don't exist anymore. We had our time. Nothing for you to do but to get better. And to be there for Betty."