• Chapter 21 •

Grey

"It too hot," Maddie groaned, fanning herself.

"That's why we're going to get fucking ice-cream, dimwit." Alan huffed, pushing Maddie causing her to stagger off the sidewalk.

"You want to bloody murder me!" Maddie shrieked clambering back to the pavement, fury raging in her eyes.

"Oh shut up both of you!" I groaned, annoyed at their segueing. "We're nearly here."

"Thank god," Maddie dragged, skipping over to Grey. "So, when are we going to meet Theo, huh?"

"How about...never?" I said, sarcasm lacing my words.

"Come on! Why can't meet the main man, the boyfriend, the significant other?" Alan sang, nudging me as he wriggled his eyebrows.

"The future brother-in-law!" Maddie chirped, grinning widely.

"We're not even official,"

"Yet."

"Shut up, Maddie."

"Who knows soon you'll be-"

"For goodness sake, I will whack both of you if you mention Theo again!" I yelled, pushing the door of the ice-cream parlour open, absentmindedly. I might have been a bit too loud.

The ice-cream parlour fell silent.

Both Maddie and Alan looked at me red-faced before bursting out laughing. My eyes widened as I desperately tried to get them to shut up.

Soon, the ice-cream had cut off the deafening silence as they resumed muttering, sending me a few sideways glances.

"Who was talking about Theo then?" I heard someone yell, as they walked over to us. My eyes widened at the familiar voice, before they travelled to Paige, Theo and Autumn standing at the counter. Well, Autumn was standing behind it but that's beside the point.

Paige was snickering, Autumn looked amused and Theo looked as red a tomato. My mouth went dry. "We-we were just talking about the next tournament and y-"

"And about the fact that my brother roped in quite a fine one, aren't I right Alan?" Maddie said, walking over to Theo with an outstretched arm which Theo -though looking absolutely flustered- shook.

I felt my face heat up. "I-uh-I just. That's not what we. I mean we didn't. Maddie is a bit...um, she a bit...crazy! That right, she um, crazy. Totally whackers."

"Shut up, Grey," Maddie said, smiling happily at Paige and Autumn.

"It's great to finally meet you, Theo. I mean, sure I might have seen at school but never quite been introduced. I really do want to meet the guy who my brother goes on and on and on and on-"

"I think that enough, Maddie!" I squeaked, my face now a shade of deep crimson but I couldn't help but notice the slight grin on Theo's face.

"On and on, huh?" Theo asked, raising an eyebrow at me.

"A lot like how you go on and on about Grey, am I right Autumn?" And I saw Theo go red as well and I could help but shoot him satisfied smirk.