• Chapter 12 •

Theo

"Do you mind if I sit here?" Grey asked, looking down at Paige and I. We both shared a quick glance before I looked back at him furrowing my eyebrows in confusion. It's not like he ever sat with anyone less than perfect so why sit here with two weirdos? He was nice but...

"Um, I don't-"

"He means, sure. Why not?" Paige said, with a sickly sweet smile plastered on her freckled face. I rolled my eyes at her, clearly annoyed. "That's what you meant to say right, Theo?" I huffed but nodded nonetheless. I didn't want to seem rude. Yikes, since when did I care about other people's feelings?
Grey shot a Paige a grateful smile before sitting down next to her. I rolled my eyes for the hundredth time that day and went back to eating my food.

"We have practice today right?" Grey asked, turning to face me. I raised one eyebrow at him. The guy collapsed last time during practice who does he think he is? A freaking werewolf healing in less than 24 hours?

"I have practice. You are not coming," I said, firmly. His eyebrows shot up in confusion as he looked at me. His gaze studied me for a second before sighing.

"But I-"

"No, you need rest, Grey," I said, narrowing my eyes at the shorter boy. He bit his lip shrinking slightly at my gaze. His shoulders slumped as he went back to his food without another word. Paige looked at me like she was asking me a silent question. Something along the lines of: What the heck?
I simply shrugged returning my gaze to my food, which started getting less and less appetizing as time passed. Lately, my appetite has been going down. I don't know why but I can barely get in a few bites before I feel like throwing up.

"Hey, can I sit here?" Someone asked, my gaze immediately snapped up to see Autumn standing awkwardly in front of us. Somehow balancing her food tray, her phone a few textbooks and a pen. That must take serious skill since I can barely walk without tripping. I immediately plastered a smirk on my face as I turned to look at a blushing Paige.

"I'm not sure if-" Paige started before I cut her off. Not today, sweetie.

"Yes, of course, you can. Right, Paige?" I said, evilly looking at a flustered and angry Paige.
She let out a huff in annoyance before nodding. Autumn sat down next to me and shot me a small smile.

Oh, how the tables have turned.

"I hear you're a basketball player, huh?" Autumn asked, moving her food back and forth with her fork. "Captain right?"

"Co-captain," Grey corrected, smiling widely at Autumn. "I'm the other co-captain,"

"Nice," Autumn said, smirking at him. I don't know why but I'm pissed off. What the fuck? They just met like three seconds ago, this is ridiculous.

"Anyway," I dragged, trying to change the topic since Paige was clearly getting annoyed. "As co-captain, I officially declare that you shall not attend any practices until next week,"

Grey mouth fell agape as he looked at me with wide eyes. "W-What?! You can't do that. I'm co-captain, too."

"I can and I just did," I said, with a triumphant grin. His face darkened but nonetheless sighed in defeat. A small smirk tugged at the corner of my lips knowing that I had won. "Now can we eat in peace without Autumn and Grey eye-fucking each other?"

Both Autumn and Grey turned a painful shade of crimson before smiling sheepishly at each other. Paige and I, on the other hand, proceeded to roll our eyes.

"Keep on rolling your eyes and they'll get stuck," Grey teased, looking at me.

"Keep rolling your eyes and they'll get stuck," I mocked, sticking my tongue out like 2 year old. He face-palmed letting out a chuckle.

***

I didn't finish the rest of my meal by the time lunch was over. Throughout the rest of the school day, my stomach was growling for food. My appetite shrunk but my body was still not accepting of the fact. At least basketball practice was cancelled.

"Hey, Theo?" Someone asked, slightly placing their hand on my shoulder. I jumped slightly turning to face whoever scared the crap out of me. "Sorry! I didn't mean to scare you." Grey said, awkwardly rubbing the back of his neck.

"Well, ya did," I snorted, running an irritated hand through my hair. I just wanted to go home. Couldn't I do anything in peace around here?

"S-sorry." He stuttered, a light hue of pink spreading across his pale skin. Damn, he literally blushed every second of every day. "I just- I was wondering if- um, I could maybe- uh, If I could go to the cafe with you later? I mean, if you have work today. If you don't I'll just go by myself. That's totally fine. Anything is gone really. I wouldn't mind if you came- I, you know what sorry that I asked. Just-just forget it." He was a mumbling mess. Cute. Wait, I mean not cute? What the fuck? Why would I find it cute? No, no, no, no. Stop it, Theo. Nope. Absolutely not cute. Nope. No. No? No.

Ugh.

"I don't have work today, but I wouldn't mind tagging along," I replied, smiling slightly. "I'm starving anyway." I stuffed my hands in my pocket and walked alongside Grey.

Ever since I told Grey about everything I feel so much lighter. As if a huge weight has been lifted off my shoulders. Now I'm so much more comfortable around everyone. I smile a lot more, I laugh. It's just nice. Nice. I like that. I like that a lot.

"You're awesome, you know?" Grey said, out of nowhere catching me by surprise. His gaze was trained on the ground but a smile still managed to graze his lips. "Ever since I told you about my parents' things have been a lot easier for me. I don't feel the need to hide from my emotions anymore. You helped, Theo,"

"You helped me too," I said, biting my bottom lip trying to suppress a smile that was trying so hard to take over my face. "So I guess you're pretty awesome too."

"Thanks," he mumbled, looking at me and back to the ground.

I was happy. Happy.

I like that. I like that a lot.

Hey guys!
I'm back baby.
I'm also extremely sorry for that long break. Check out my other bxb book 'Hope' if you like my workkk...

Mwah!
Loads of love,
Anya