chapter 21 : Surprises And Shocks.

Start from the beginning

(from back Nandini keeping her head on Manik's shoulders)

(From front Nandini holding Manik's arms)

Manik and Nandini were unsure. Unsure of what's between them. But at that moment nothing mattered. Neither their relationship status nor their messed up lives, what mattered was just them and their togetherness.

After a few minutes of silence Nandini opened her eyes but still didn't move from her place. She was staring at the wall and Manik was looking at her. Without taking her eyes off the wall Nandini said, " He forgot Manik. He forgot that incident which turned my life around. " Manik was listening with utmost attention to Nandini, "Which incident Nandini? And who forgot? " " The incident which changed my life. The incident which showed me the true colors of my family and loved ones." "Dhruv . He forgot Manik. He forgot what I did for him. I don't want his thanks Manik. No I don't. It just came as such a shock to me that...that, " "that you weren't able to bear it and drank to reduce the pain," said Manik completing her sentence. She just nodded a silent yes. He made Nandini look at him and cupping her face he said, "Nandini listen to me, I don't care if you want to tell me your past or no, I just don't wanna see you upset, when you're in pain please come and share it with me, I'll leave everything and be there for you. I want to share your pain Nandini, I don't know if you are aware of it or no but yes you are an indispensable part of my life now. I can't let you bear all this alone. I can't let you suffer and punish yourself like this. Promise me Nandini when something happens which takes you back to your hurtful past you'll come to me and share with me," Nandini was overwhelmed by Manik's words. Tears were about to make their way from her eyes. "Arey I thought that THE Nandini Murthy doesn't cry and is very tough and look from the time you're with me you're just crying. Am I that bad? ", said Manik making a fake crying face.

Seeing his face Nandini broke into fits of laughter along with Manik. Unknowingly Nandini pulled Manik's cheeks saying, "you're tooo cuteee", giving Manik another shock. Manik was quick to absorb this shock but his eyes were still widened and staring at Nandini. She too realized what she did making herself a little uncomfortable. She got up and said, "I think I'll have to leave now. But thanks for handling me yesterday. And also vo pav bhaji bahut tasty thi and the artificial rain idea was too good and my feet is also good now. I really respect you for not touching me without my permission. You are truly a gentle man. " Manik looked at Nandini with his mouth open. Nandini was giving him shock after shock. Nandini just smiled slyly and came near him and closed his mouth saying, " I remember everything. "
She stood at the door way waiting for Manik. As soon as he was out of shock, he ran to the place where Nandini was standing giving Nandini another reason to smile, his kiddishness.