Betrothals

Hey guys, still up for some more plot twists? Haha, that's funny. I'm just kidding everyone. But there will be some finalising so in the immortal words of Fontaine: "Buckle up guys"

----------------

Fontaine's pov:

----------------

Am I still allowed to be pissed? I hope so. I may have chosen the boys, but that doesn't mean I agree with what is happening. Today is the morning after the girls party. They teleported themselves to bed when they were too tired and as the people went home, me and Finn discussed how to do this betrothal shit.

Nereus, the ever wise had the answers. I'm still not certain whether or not I like him.

"Ah yes. Well, Fontaine it's quite simple. They have a brief ceremony, where they promise to marry each other at a certain date. Then two engagement rings are given, one each and they are to wear them on a chain or on their hand until they are of age. Otherwise, life carries on as normal." Nereus smiled.

Finn still had his guts and continued to glare at the guy known as Calder the entire time. I found it amusing and ignored it.

"Very well. How do we begin the process?" I asked.

"Well first, you must tell his parents. They usually have no choice, but it's very likely they will beg to have the honour since you are Royal." Glokas interrupted.

"Ok. Then what?" Finn queried.

"A certificate is retrieved and signed. By you and them. Then the princess and boys say their names and promise to get married at the time of your choice." Coralie smiled.

"Your majestys I really must insist you choose someone more suitable. Common boys? Surely not." Calder interrupted.

Finn glared at him, and I could see his powers beginning to affect him.

"Leave the room, now. You despicable excuse for a person. How dare you speak that way to your King and Queen? And you dare to suggest our decision is not good enough?" Finn yelled.

"Okay, Finn that's enough. As for you, Calder, I suggest you do leave. It's best for us all." I ordered.

Calder bowed with a red face and walked out.

"Please prepare the documents. We will return shortly." Finn requested.

The guardians bowed and went out, and I gave Finn a hug.

"Are you ok?" I asked.

"Fine, just a little worked up. Calder is a piece of work." Finn sighed.

"I know. Come on, we have things to do." I smiled.

Finn grabbed my hand and we walked out to the courtyards. The guards helped us into the carriage and we headed out to where the boys families lived.

We visited Ryuku's first. He let us in and we told him to go play, while we spoke with his father.

"Your majestys! Please forgive this mess. My wife is still sick." The man now identified as Kade told us.

"Please do not apologize. We come to request your permission for something. We have decided we would like your son to marry our younger daughter, Bella. She must be betrothed." Finn began.

"The honour of such for my son? Are you certain? I greatly appreciate it." Kade blushed.

"It is an honour. We didn't know of the law, and we know our children are friends. Do we have your consent?" I asked.