"You know I'm not helpless either." I crossed my arms in front of my chest. It seemed that no matter where I went, everyone underestimated me. Back as a queen, everyone thought I wasn't good enough to rule the most powerful kingdom in the land. Now as a Bleeder, they didn't think I was capable of defending myself, even though I had already proved myself worthy by passing Initiation.

No one could see the real me regardless if I was masked or not.

"No, of course not. You get lost and cause a mess."

"Last I checked, I was looking around and you caused a wave of panic in the audience. I almost suffocated being trampled on, and that wasn't my doing. I swore to be loyal to this gang, to protect it. Aren't you supposed to do the same for me?"

Everything was fine until they cornered me for being new. As if they knew everything. Since when did they study my life to conclude that I wasn't able to defend myself? Did they not see me win the match?

"We caused that scene because we thought you were taken. Because you were irresponsible and left us aside."

"Well, now I know I have to be attached to the hip to every single member of this gang. What's next? Do I need an escort to urinate as well?"

Herc scowled. My gut twisted into a knot, but I held my ground. Maybe I was wrong for leaving them so suddenly, but it wasn't my fault they reacted the way they did. They could've searched for me in a passive manner, not threaten the entire arena, including the king of Solennes Jubar.

They should be glad King Davian didn't ask his men to detain the gang.

"Don't ever disappear without informing one of us. Understood?"

"Alright." I sighed and watched Herc stand up and walk away.

I didn't know how to excuse myself from the Bleeders without sounding suspicious. My heart grew heavy at the thought of the impending raid on my kingdom. I needed to contact Philip, but with the other Bleeders around me, I wasn't sure how.

We escaped the Seclusion, walking down alleyways with our heads bowed, already heading to the other border of the kingdom. Herc suggested we start moving to Fortis Crystallum if we wanted to finish our job quicker. I had no problem with that, since I'd be able to spy on King Rasmus' people, but I still needed to warn my kingdom about the incoming raid.

The frustration burned in my stomach coming up to my throat. I bit down on my lip, trudging forward with the gang. It wasn't like I could stop in the middle of Solennes Jubar to make a quick brume call to my royal servant. The Bleeders would kill me before I could even start to explain.

So I kept walking with them, ducking under garbage disposals to hide from officials, shaking off beggars from my ankles, and not calling attention to ourselves. Although, knowing they made appearances in the Seclusion, I was sure that some of the commoners, who steered away from us, knew who we were, the Tenebrosus Bleeders. No one wanted to get in between us, or at least in between Herc.

I didn't blame them. I also didn't want to be Herc's enemy, but under all the magic, I was. As a queen, I had to detain rogue gangs. Sometimes other rulers ordered their executions in a public setting, which I wasn't really fond of. Nevertheless, it was my job to do so.

How that would play out in the future, I didn't know, but for now I needed to focus on my kingdom's safety. My kingdom that was about to be attacked in a matter of hours!

"I need to take a break," I found myself saying. The rest of the gang stopped in their tracks. Herc turned to me, glaring as if he wished death upon me.