CHAPTER 1

DAEJOON'S POV
(Flashback)
Today is one, for not saying the most important, day of my life. After waiting for almost nine months, we are finally turning into parents!

My dear wife is giving birth to our two little twins... I just can't wait longer to meet them. It's been about two hours since the doctors brought her to another room...

Waiting is becoming something hurting, but at least I have my parents here waiting with me as well... It is just too long, when are they going to come out?

I sit on one of those chairs of the waiting room next to the window, when suddenly a doctor enters the room, finally!

-Daejoon: Doctor, doctor! How's everything? Did they already-
-Doctor: Mr. Jeon, your children are healthy, but we can say the same thing from your wife... (looks down)
-Daejoon: What do you mean? (panicking)
-Doctor: Were you informed about her disease?
-Daejoon: What disease? (confused)
-Doctor: She had a disease that affected her defense, and that makes her extremely weak... Because of so, we couldn't do anything and we lost her... (looks down) We are really sorry.
-Daejoon: Are you telling me that she... Died? (tears up)
-Doctors: We are sorry...
-Daejoon: It's not possible... (falls on his knees)
-Doctors: We are sorry sir, but your sons will need you from now on... (sighs) they are prematures, so you'll need to take extremely care of them...

I can't understand anything, how is it possible waht is going on? This can't be possible! I can't lost her! Suddenly I feel a hand at my shoulder... I look up to see my mother, she's crying but she's not saying a thing...

-Mom: You need to keep on going for your kids... C'mon, go and meet them, we'll be waiting for you. (smiles)
-Daejoon: I-I lost her... (sobs)
-Mom: It's going to be hard dear, but look what she left for you... Two healthy little boys, you won't feel lonely with them... But they need you...

Just when she told me so, I realize that she's right. I need to be for them now, they are the most precious and last gift that my wife gave me... I should be thankful, and act as a good dad for them.

-Daejoon: Okay (swipes his tears away) where are my sons doctor?
-Doctor: Come with me, they'll need you so bad... I hope you are ready for it. It's going to be hard being a single parent...
-Daejoon: Don't worry, I'm ready... (smiles)

Just then, the doctor headed me to the room where my wife was laying without breathing anymore... And next to her, in a crib my two little sons...

I feel like crying because of seeing my wife without breathing anymore... I just can't hold it anymore...

I start crying and I approach her and hold her cold hands firmly...

-Daejoon: I'm going to miss you... (sobs) I hope you can rest well and in peace... Wherever you go... (sobs) remember us... Remember our love... Remember that I love you more than anything and I always (sobs) will... Now I'll take care of them... Don't worry... (sobs)

Just when I finished saying those last words to her, the doctors came and they brought her with them... And soon, my sons started crying... I approach them... They are the most beautiful thing that I have ever seen...

I extend my hand towards them and they grab each one, one of my fingers... It's really warm this feeling... It makes me feel better, mom is right about them.

-Daejoon: You'll be the ones to help daddy to overcome this, right? (smiles) are you also sad because of mommy? You don't have to worry, I'll be there for you...

Just then, a nurse entered the room, followed by my parents... They are sad because of what happened, and if you are wondering, my wife didn't have parents because she lost them when she was young...

So yeah, we were the only family that she had... Now we'll need to prepare her burial, and then I'll just focus on raising my boys...

-Nurse: Mr. Jeon, have you decided the boys' name? We need to write them on the civil registry... (smiles) oh and also we need to give them their bottle...
-Daejoon: Oh yeah, I almost forgot about their names... (smiles) my wife and I already decided their names... They are Jeon Sungjoon and Jeon Hyunjoon...
-Nurse: Perfect, I'll need you to sign the papers... (smiles) but we can wait until the boys finish taking their milk...
-Mom: Yeah, that's better... We'll call you once they finish... (smiles)

I'm gonna make sure that my boys grow up happily and healthy, that's my next goal... Yeah, that's my new objective.

-Mom: Can I hold one of them? (smiles) you'll need help to feed them since they are two while you are just one...
-Daejoon: Sure, they are your grandsons, you don't need to ask for permission to hold them... (smiles) they are now part of our family...
-Dad: We'll raise them, as good as possible... Although you are young, you'll do a great job son... (smiles)
-Mom: Plus, we are here to help you...

I just nod and continue feeding my son, it's an amazing feeling that I will never forget. It feels as if i were holding the entire world in my hands...

How can a little thing like a baby feel this big? It's just amazing, I wish she could had hold them too... But there's no way we can go back to the past...

-Daejoon: Oh, he fell asleep... (chuckles) How cute...
-Dad: Put him at the crib, the other one fell asleep as well... Now we should call the nurse so you can sign the civil registry... (smiles)
-Mom: Don't worry dear, stay with the boys... I'll go to call the nurse... (smiles)

I do as they say and stay taking care of my two little boys, and in a moment they enter with the nurse...

-Nurse: They are good boys, they are sleeping already (smiles) you'll be able to go back home soon...
-Daejoon: I hope so... (smiles) now, where should I sign?
-Nurse: Oh here (points the spot) and you need to put your address and that kind of things too...
-Daejoon: Okay... (fills all the gaps) okay, I'm done... (smiles) thanks for everything...
-Nurse: No problem, I'm just doing my job... (smiles)

So that's how my life changes dramatically in just a few hours...

(end flashback)