Days Before(45)

((Don't worry much about the tittle of the chapter I didn't really know what to name this chapter.))

Dipper POV

I made it to Bill's room and dropped him into bed. But I was not tired.

I couldn't sleep, I sat on the piano bench in silence not knowing what to do but also not being tired. I just stared at Bill, his face looked nothing like it did before, his face from the fight keep flashing in my head, I could hear his shouting and laughter. It was so broken and taunting, nothing like the giggle I had come to adore, or that little mocking laugh he does when I get flustered or stutters.

No the laughter from the arena was a howl full of different pitches, high and airy one moment to ground breakingly low the next. It was a bone chilling sound that made me shiver every time I heard it.

Looking at his face now he looked like a completely different person from the arena, his face was relaxed and calm.

I stood and pulled a blanket over him. He turned and threw his arm over his face. He groans, "ooooh that hurts." he hissed, his voice was weak and small, nothing like the manic shouts from earlier, this sounded a lot more like the Bill I knew.

He threw his arm away from his face, his eyes were squeezed shut. "Everything hurts." he whined.

"Of course it does you went way too hard out there. What were you thinking." I scolded crossing my arms and taking a step back from the bed.

"Pinetree?" He opened his eyes a little to look up at me. He sounded confused.

"That was stupid. I mean really stupid. When the hell were you thinking." I went on, the words started to fall from my mouth, finally about to voice what I felt watching his fight. "You could have gotten hurt more. Or even died. Just because that wasn't the real thing doesn't mean it was any less dangerous. And the way you where acting... What the hell was that, why where you acting like... like, like you were enjoying it. You know you could have ended it with one move after an hour or so. It was so obvious, you must have seen it, why didn't you. Why did you keep fighting." I passed in front of the bed, he slowly sat up looking at me confused.

"Slow down Pinetree, what are you talking about?" he asked putting a hand to his head.

"The fight!" I waved my hand at the door exasperated.

"Oh."

"Oh?" I huffed starting to pace again.

"Pinetree come sit please." he asked. His voice was so soft, the look on his face was one of concerns. It was so different I couldn't even fathom how the man from the arena was the same one sitting in the bed waiting for me to sit with him.

I did. I sat on the edge of the bed and crossed my legs under me. "What happened out there? Please explain." I sighed looking down at my hands.

"I wanted to fight him. I'm a demon, anger is a strong emotion for me. I wanted him to pay, I've had some much bottled up anger that I had been ignoring. And then finally I was given the chance to let it out. I know it must have seemed like I was going overboard but I was just letting off steam." he said calmly but I shook my head when he stopped talking.

"I know that's not all. The look on your face... that was not just letting off steam." the image of his face popped back into my head and I paused.

"Did... did I scare you?" he asked leaning forwards I could see him want to reach out but he held back.

"Yes! You didn't look like yourself at all, and the look on your face was terrifying. It was like you were enjoying it." I up at him, his hand was frozen in the air and his eye was scanning me, trying to figure out how to respond.

"I'm sorry... I have to emit beating the crap out of Leviathan's statue was so refreshing. But I didn't mean to scare you, I promise I will try not to snap like that during the real battles." he spoke low and slowly, like talking to a cat he wanted didn't want to run from him so he could pet it. "I know I snapped, I felt it. I'm so sorry I scared you, that was never and will never be my intention."

I knew he meant it, I also was starting to feel how tired I was. Being so worked up and worried keep me from sleep, but now...

I nodded and crawled over the bed to him, collapsing into his chest. His arms wrapped around me the moment I hit his chest, one arm stayed around my back and his other hand went to my head, "I'm sorry." he whispered as he leaned back into the pillows laying down with me on his chest.

*Time skip, brought to you by me avoiding homework I know I should be working on.*

I woke in the morning to find me and Bill had barely moved I still lay on his chest and he still had a hand on my head but his other arm was hanging off the bed.

Today would be my turn in the Arena for practice, I have no idea how long the others practiced after we left but I know their going to want to get back in the arena. The more time we get to practice, the less likely it we we'll die. So I force myself out of bed which woke Bill. We got up to find the others already in the arena waiting for us.

"Did any of you slept last night?" I asked as we joined them on the Arena floor.

"Ya, you two just slept in." Ana said, I knew she was teasing but I still took a little offence from it.

"Sorry for making you wait." I apologize.

"Don't listen to her Dipper, we haven't been waiting long." Wendy hit Ana's shoulder.

"Let's get started Dipper, do you want to go first or have one of us go, we all ready practice some yesterday." Marcel asked me.

"Ya I'll go." I said going to step forwards with him and Ana but a hand on my arm stopped me.

I looked over my shoulder to see Bill, "I can't help you." he said though I think he was saying it more for himself than me. "Please be careful." I turned to him walking up I put my hands on his shoulders.

"I promise to be careful it's just practice." I said.

"Just try and end it quickly. He whined.

I smiled, "don't worry I'm not you." I stood on my toes and kissed his cheek, "I'll be fine."

I turned away to hide my own bush and to see the the Baku statue was ready and Ana was done with her spell. "When I say start he will attack you." she explained just like she had with Bill, I could see the others already heading up for the stands. Unlike with Bill, Ana put her hand on my shoulder, "You've got this I believe in you. We all do." She smiled and flew up above me.

"Ready?" She shouted down.

I turned and faced Baku, he was a foot taller than me and even though he was made of pink glass he was intimidating. But like Ana said, I've got this, "Ready!"

"Start!".

____________________________________

I'm ending the chapter here because Next chapter is when the actual fights will be introduced. Also because I want to get to writing the real fights and not just the practices.