Chapter 41: The Aftermath

Present

         ARIEL CAMPBELL NEVER saw the day when she would have to drag her best friend's lifeless body across the woods as she continuously chanted her plan of execution over and over again. It took her only a few days to plan out this night, but Evelyn was never supposed to be a factor. Ariel planned to frame and kill Parker whilst leaving Evelyn to face her own repercussions.

          However, Ariel knew that Evelyn was gullible and that if things were to go south, she would most likely be a variable in that factor. And as expected: she was. Ariel braced her hands under Evelyn's armpits and dragged her up the porch of the cabin. When she made it to the door, she placed Evelyn's lifeless body back onto the floor and unlocked it behind her. "Look at this mess," Ariel muttered in disgust when she finally made it inside.

          She laid Evelyn down beside Parker and sighed, "first order of business." She muttered under her breath as she sashayed to the back of the cabin leading into their laundry room where their family kept the cleaning supplies. She grabbed some washcloths, latex gloves, liquid dishwashing detergent and a bucket of cold water. When she had collected all that she needed, she padded back into the family room and began to discard the bloody ropes and zip ties into a garbage bag.

          When she was done, she filled up another bowl with warm water, grabbed a clean wash towel, bandage wraps, duct tape and a tarp before making her way towards Parker and Evelyn's bodies. "We don't want you bleeding through your body bags now do we?" Ariel unclothed both Evelyn and Parker and placed them into the garbage bag she placed on a side to burn later. She dragged their bodies onto the tarp to make cleaning them easier and immediately dipped the washcloth into the warm water and began to tend to their wounds whilst simultaneously cleaning up the blood all over their body.

          Ariel took a considerable amount of time to do so as she thoroughly cleaned them to make sure there wasn't a speck of blood on their skin. She could have easily bathed them but she didn't have the strength to drag both their bodies into the shower, bathe them and drag it back out. So she settled on this. She cleaned between their fingers, their toes, behind their ears–every nook and cranny. Once she was done, she bandaged the areas she had stabbed: Parker's back, thigh and throat and Evelyn's stomach and throat as well.

           Ariel then wrapped each wound with duct tape to keep it secure. She was aware of the fact that they could still bleed through it, but for now, it would hold off the blood. "Should I work in a morgue? I'm kinda good at this." She exclaimed as she unzipped the body bags. She hooked her arms under their armpits and one by one she shoved them into the body bag.

          Her body was beginning to grow considerably weak due to the injuries she suffered to the head courtesy of Evelyn. Not only that but her throat had grown sore from Parker's tight grip. Ariel ignored the obvious distress her body was under and continued to struggle as she put them into their respective bags. When she was done, she zipped it shut and cleaned the surface with hydrogen peroxide and water.

          She then transported their bodies to a clean area before attending to the massacre of blood on the hardwood floor. The good thing about this situation was the fact that this floor was treated. Meaning the possibility of blood seeping into the wood was slim to none. This made it easier for Ariel to clean its surface without worrying about the wood absorbing the blood. All she needed to do was wash and wipe it down. So with that in mind, she grabbed a clean washcloth and dipped it into the cold water before cleaning every surface of the cabin.

~~~

Ariel furiously rubbed the wet cloth over the body bags for the second time to make sure there was no sign of blood on either since she was going to have to stuff it into the trunk of the car. She didn't need the police questioning why Parker and Evelyn's blood was found and not hers. Parker was O positive, Evelyn was A positive but Ariel was B negative so there was no way to get out of this situation if their blood were found.