Chapter 33: Asylum

A R I E L

           "Ariel?" I haven't spoken to Larson ever since the morning following our little rendezvous. Sure, I've seen him around school, but I've made it my duty to no longer involve him nor Lewis in this because I don't want to get distracted and I'd much rather focus on Tobias than on high school drama. However, today I might have to backtrack on that.

           I need Larson to know what I'm going to do. . .at least part of it.

          "I'm sorry. I haven't been in touch with you but I had to focus on Tobias." He motioned towards the couch and nodded his head. "Yeah, I get that, no hard feelings. I'm still here for you, Ariel. I wasn't lying when I told you that so here I am, at your disposal. What happened? Are you okay though?" Am I okay? Sure, I'm more than okay and after I'm done with my plan I'll be extremely okay. You, Parker Lynn, will be eating cold mash potatoes and cheeseless macaroni pie when I'm done with you.

         "A few days ago I found out something about Parker. He despises Tobias. I know the look he has in his eyes when he speaks of him. It's pure hatred, disgust and somewhat fears. I don't know how I didn't see it earlier but Parker has some underlying darkness within him. If he could kill Tobias he would but that wouldn't be satisfying enough. Tobias took everything Parker ever wanted and that kind of motivation can push anyone to do anything. Larson, I think Parker is the one who framed Tobias."

        He sprung up from the chair, "what!?"

       "I-I don't know, okay? Remember when Jack told us to focus on Tobias' friends and enemies? Who has more motives to hurt someone other than the people closest to them? Why would a stranger go through all this trouble to frame Tobias? It has to be someone who knows him intimately. Someone who has a reason to hate him and I can surely tell you that Parker has a handful." Since Parker knows of Tobias' DID, I'm sure he's spoken to the other alters.

          This may be a stretch but one of the alters  could have revealed Tobias' childhood trauma to him. Maybe they told him about Barry and what he did so Parker searched it up and found the news articles of Barry's crimes but just out of curiosity. Then on the night of the party, when he saw Tobias leave with Maria and Kayla he probably knew other witnesses saw as well.

          So then he slipped away, killed them the same way Barry did to either appear as a copycat or to further frame Tobias. I'm giving Parker way too much credit but I think he wanted investigators to realize the similarities between the two cases then piece together that Barry is Tobias' biological father. Which would then give them even more reason to suspect Tobias. They must have gotten Tobias' fingerprints off of their body and clothes then used that against him to solidify their investigation.

          But why did they arrest him so quickly after finding the bodies? That's not possible. Someone tampered with the evidence and that's how they framed Tobias. . .but how? How did Parker do it? Because this may all be possible but a simple handprint among possibly a hundred and a hunch isn't enough to arrest him. . .is it?

          " I can't tell you what I know but you have to trust me on this one. Parker is the one who killed those girls and I'm going to prove it. I'm going to do something risky tomorrow to find out and if anything happens to me you have to go to the authorities. I've already gathered up enough evidence to prove that he was the killer, all I have to do is get the confession from him one way or the other."

          Silence fell upon us and the lifeless look in Larson's eyes was enough to let me know that he opposed this idea. "Ariel, I–I can't let you risk it. If it's true what you're saying, Parker can be very dangerous. He can hurt you. I–I can't let him do that to you."