Chapter 19: Curiosity Killed The Cat

Present

THE LOOK ON her face could fool you into believing nothing had happened. It was passive, possibly bored if it were put lightly. Across from her, the principal's secretary had a disapproving look etched on her face as she hung up the phone. "You broke his nose, miss Campbell, and you don't even seem to care," she tutted in disappointment. Ariel held a certain academic reputation at this school. She, Larson and Tobias was always the top performers, which required them to always be on their best behaviours to keep their record clean to correspond with their grades.

So it was disappointing seeing Ariel in the office for a reason other than to be praised for her academics. "It's because he deserved it. He was being a sexually objectifying prick and I just did what I'm sure many girls of this school wish they could do to him: shut him up." As the words left her mouth, the office door swung open and her father came strutting in, Theo's father in tow behind him as well as the man himself, a white bandage wrapped around his now broken nose.

Ariel smirked. "What a sight," she whistled under her breath. "Mr. Campbell, Mr. Jones, thank you for coming in. The principal will see you guys in a minute to discuss this matter." Fiona—the secretary exclaimed as she motioned to the office door. Ariel's father strutted towards her, "tell me you didn't do this to that young man. Do you want to see Doctor Julian again, Ariel?" He threatened. She unfolded her arms and sat upright, her head narrowing in Theo's direction.

"As a matter of fact, I did. And no, dad I do not want to see doctor Julian again. I humbly decline that invitation." The office door swung open and Principal Brick's head poked outside. At the sight of the parents he smiled, "you guys may come in now." He disappeared behind the wall and one by one they all flooded into the tiny room. Theo and Ariel were instructed to have a seat before the principal's desk. "Mr. Campbell, Mr. Jones, as you know I called you both here for the incident that occurred in the school's cafeteria earlier today.

Many students including our faculty reported the fight that these two were engaged in. Theo was said to have provoked Ariel with an inappropriate comment about her uhm private part as she tried to speak to Mr. Parker Lynn. She then proceeded to slam his head against the cafeteria table in retaliation which led to him breaking his nose."

"So what are we going to do about this? Press charges!?" Theo's father blurted out loud, outraged at the sight of his son wallowing in pain. "P-press charges? Mr. Jones, I don't think that's necessary. They're just kids, they fight like this all the time, taking this to the cops isn't going to help the situation. They should be punished rightfully so, but not that excessively." Principal Brick exclaimed frantically. "They? She was the one who broke his nose."

"And you were the one who didn't raise your son with manners. With all that rubbish coming out from his mouth I wouldn't be surprised if it smells like a sewer dump," Ariel clipped. Theo leaned towards her, one hand protecting his nose, the other gripping the table tightly, "you're a bloody witch you know that? You're lucky my father is here or else-"

"Or else what?" Harry interjected, his eyes piercing through Theo's faltering gaze. "Both of you should be punished and I agree that Ariel's punishment should be more extensive but Theo should be punished as well. He isn't innocent in this situation. My daughter wouldn't attack someone without a proper reason." Before another brawl could arise within his office, Principal Brick raised a hand in the air, halting any further comment.

"Mr. Jones please do not press charges. Ariel is an exceptional student at this school and I can promise you this is not of habit. I am not victim-blaming here but Mr. Campbell is right, Theo did instigate the incident but Ariel escalated it. They are both at fault here and it is unfortunate that Theo had to suffer from a broken nose. With that said Theo will be suspended for one week, Ariel for two with an additional three-hour cleaning service at this school, every day of their suspension for the following weeks."