Chapter One

Ten.

That's how old you are when the name appears on your right wrist.

Dean had sat up excited for the little black name to appear, and when it did he grinned

"Castiel" he whispered, he like it, it was unique, he liked uniqueness, he also like the fact that there was someone out there who was meant to be with him.

But it didn't always work both ways, some people never gain a name on the tenth birthday, nobody knows why, some people who do gain a name will find out their soulmate does not have theirs and belongs with somebody else, it's like fate just wants to screw you over, like 'hey, here's a name of the person you belong with, but they'll never love you back, and belong with somebody else.'

Dean hopped that there was somebody out there who either had or will get his name on their wrist, he likes the idea of leaving hunting and settling down and having a life, but of course his father wanted him to grow up as hunter, he didn't know yet but his father wouldn't even approve of the name on his wrist, Dean wasn't bothered that it belonged to another boy, if that was who he belonged with, then fine, he was okay with that.

-

Early next morning Dean excitedly run downstairs to his dad

"Dad I've got a name" Dean grinned

John glared at his son "what is it?" he asked not caring even slightly about the boy in front of him

"Castiel" Dean grinned

John gave Dean what could be described as a death glare

"Dean, I refuse to allow you to meet whoever that is"

"But dad..."

John didn't hold back and slapped him "what have I told you about talking back?"

"I'm sorry sir" Dean whispered

"You are a disappointment to me, get the hell away from me"

Dean nodded and ran to his room, he sat on his bed hugging his knees, he couldn't cry, it would make things worse.

He sat there for two hours until Sam showed up

"Dean?" he whispered

Dean looked up and smiled "hey Sammy"

"Happy birthday Dean"

"Thanks Sammy"

He walked up to Dean and held out a small badly wrapped present "it was meant for dad at Christmas but I wanted you to have"

Dean smiled "are you sure?"

Sam nodded

Dean opened it to reveal a necklace with gold pendant "I love it Sam, I'll wear it forever"

Sam grinned and hugged his brother.

Vote, Comment, Follow