♛Chptr. 57: THE FIFTH PETAL: "Watch My Heart Burn"♛

Start from the beginning

"And I told you I won't, hyung. It's not your decision to make in the first place." Jimin made his point across before he walked away from Hoseok who was left with his mouth hanging open. 

Hoseok wanted to add something but Jimin was right. It wasn't really his decision to make. He was only there to warn Jimin and be cautious of things but by the end of the day, Jimin will still be the one to have the last say on what he decides for his life.

 "I hope you won't regret the decision you made, Jimin." Hoseok uttered with his worried stares planted on Jimin's back figure. 

"I really hope so."

-----------------------------------------------------

Jimin was already on the highest floor of the building where Jungkook's office was. His co-workers greeted him politely and some only gave him the cold shoulders like always. 

The moment he breathes in the air on the said floor, his chest suddenly felt heavy, as if that place was somewhere he could get lost into. He even started sweating for some reason, gulping multiple times before he started walking towards Jungkook's office door.

He gulped once again, his Adam's apple bobbing up and down and he was just staring at the doorknob for Pete's sake! He didn't know it would be that scary before. 

"It's just a door, Jimin... It's just a door." He keeps on convincing himself as his hand started reaching the doorknob ready to twist it but he hesitated once again.

Yes, it was just a door. But then he remembered that the problem wasn't just opening it. The problem was who would be inside once he opened that door. And just thinking that he would meet eyes with Jungkook whom he didn't see for days seemed like torture to him.

He didn't know what he should even do once he entered. He just know that he needs to do something and talk to Jungkook. He didn't care if Jungkook's mind wouldn't change from before but he just wanted to at least see him, just wanted to make sure if he was still alright and doing fine.

After he thought about Jungkook, a small smile managed to escape his lips. "Right... It's just Jungkook." He told to himself before he finally opened the door.

He got inside Jungkook's office and he was right after all, Jungkook was indeed there on his usual desk seat. Jungkook acknowledged his presence but when they met each other's gaze, Jungkook looked surprised. 

Jimin stepped in, closing the door behind him and he continued smiling but he soon dropped it when Jungkook's gaze shifted. It turned suddenly blank but weighty, almost as if he was back from when he saw him during their first meeting in that very office. 

Jungkook was always intimidating but not this way. Something had changed with how Jungkook looked at him and he didn't need a second glance to know.

"J--" Jimin hadn't even started his statement when Taehyung entered and bumped into him accidentally. Taehyung saw him and gasped, faking his concern.

"Oh my God, Jimin, I'm so sorry! I didn't see you there!" Taehyung apologized checking up on him but he just shook his head.

 "It's okay, Taehyung-ssi." Jimin smiled faintly, still bothered because of Jungkook.

Taehyung then smiled fakely before he skipped towards Jungkook's desk. 

"Morning, Jungkookie~" He greeted with such a sweet voice surprising Jimin.  He knew that Taehyung is Jungkook's friend but he never expected that they would be that close.

Taehyung knew that Jimin's eyes were on him and he was literally smirking deep inside, thinking of a plan. Of course, he saw Jimin walking in towards Jungkook's office and he wasn't stupid to just let that opportunity slip.