CHAPTER 11

CORBYN :

  " Alright buddy , see you next week ! " . I said to James one of my friends in college , I took my phone to see the time and ... Oh shit !! I'm late for Mari , what an idiot I am ! . I went to my car and drive home .

   " Mari .. sweetheart ! , I'm home " . I called aloud so she could hear me , I went to the kitchen to drink water and I saw the breakfast plate on the kitchen counter and she didn't eat it , just a bite of pancake and the cup of juice was full .

    " Mari .. honey , where are you ? , It's time to go , I bet you're gonna love this surprise " . I said while getting upstairs and went to her room and when I entered I stopped at the entrance when I saw her on the floor ... The blood around her body , my heart start beating so fast , so fast that I felt it's gonna get out of my chest , I was frozen , like I was dead . I went towards her quickly and took her in my arms .

    " Mari , wake up , what happened to you my love , please answer me " . I said crying and trying to wake her up , I looked around and there was a lot of blood , my eyes went to her left hand and it was cutted ? , No ... She didn't ! , She doesn't think like that , there's no way she tried to kill herself ! .

   I carried her and reached to my car and took her to the hospital , they took her to the emergency , I tried to get in but they didn't let me , I stayed out walking back and forth , I panicked and didn't know what to do , I took my phone out and dialled Ryan's number .

     " Hello ? " .

     " Um , yeah .. Ryan , it's me .. Corbyn " .

     " Hey man ! , Is there something wrong ! " .

     " It's Mari .. she is .. she is in the hospital " . I said nervously .

     " What ! , How did that happen ? " . He asked angrily .

     " Would you please come , I'll tell you later " . I said impatiently .

     " Alright , I'm coming ! " . I hung up and saw a doctor walked out from the emergency room and I went to ask him .

   " Doctor ! , Please tell me , how's she doing ? " . I asked worried but he comfort me .

   " She's okay , but you brought  her late , We need a blood donor because she has lost a lot of blood " . he told me and I panicked knowing that I don't have the same group of blood as her to give her .

    " Is- .. is there someone who could give her ? , I- .. I don't have the same blood as her " . I asked hoping a positive response from him .

   " Sorry but we don't have any blood donor  here , you can call a friend who could help ! " . He suggested to me , I take my head between my hands .

    " Corbyn ! , Where's she ? , Where's Mari ? " . I saw Ryan coming towards me running .

    " She's in the emergency room- .. " .

    " What happened with her ! " . He yelled cutting me off .

    " She-... She tried to kill herself " . I looked down the tears falling down .

    " She would never do that ! , She doesn't think that way ! " .

     " Well , She did .. " .

     " Where the hell were you when she did that , hun ? , It's your job to protect her and take care of her , dude ! " . He yelled again and for a while I felt guilty about it , he's right , I should've never let her alone , she was sick and sad because of  what happened yesterday , I didn't took care of her like I should , if anything happens to her its my fault .