What friends are for

Start from the beginning

"You care for her don't you?"

Beca gave a small nod. Because she did. She loved Emily like a little sister. It wasn't her fault that the things that happened to her lead to Beca's mother dying.

"I do. But she probably hates me now. I yelled at her and blamed her for something that was completely out of her control. I'm probably the worst sister ever."

"Yeah you are," Aubrey agreed and looked away again.

"Gee thanks for the GREAT pep talk and cheering me up Aubrey." Beca didn't even try to keep her sarcasm inside. Everything was out now so might as well let it all out.

"But seriously Beca. You've been so busy with keeping your feelings all inside, that you didn't even notice." Aubrey finished a little more harshly than intended.

Beca stared at Aubrey, cranks turning in her head. "Notice what?"

"Uuuggghh!" Aubrey threw her head back and groaned. "You're more idiotic than the humans."

The blonde looked at Beca who was now a little stunned by the tone why she kept her curious face.
"Did you know that all those times you and Chloe were alone was because Emily set it up right?"

Without knowing it Beca shook her head slightly.

"Emily asked me and Stacie to help because she needed eyes and ears when she wasn't going to be around. The little date, the nights sleeping with Chloe and even the karaoke moment; it was all her idea."

Now Beca practically hated herself.

Emily was the one who brought her and Chloe closer. Emily put Beca's happiness before her own and this was her way of repaying her. Yelling at her and chasing away Chloe.

All Emily's work was for nothing.

Beca was snapped back to reality as Aubrey started to walk off. "That's it? That's all you came to say?"

Aubrey glanced back with a sympathetic smile. "You need some time to think. A lot of new information was just inserted into your brain and you might want to process it."

Beca nodded; to herself mostly before calling out to the blonde. "Thanks."

"What are friends for?"

And with a grin, Aubrey walked away back to the rest of the delinquents.

_________________________________________

The wind was rushing past her as she ran. Her eyes were cold as the wind was drying and cooling the tears streaming from her face.

But it didn't matter and she kept on running.

"Emily! Wait!" Amy called out as she and Chloe chased after the brunette. She couldn't face them, not with the knowledge they now knew.

It wasn't until an unseen log in her path that caused her to stumble to the floor, did Emily finally stop running.

She just laid there on the ground, crying.

There was no more will left in her. No will to get up. No will to go and make things with her friends better. No will to even keep living.

Amy and Chloe finally managed to catch up and nearly cried themselves at the sight they saw.

The once friendly and positive girl looked like nothing. She was on the ground sobbing uncontrollably while burrowing her head into her arms.

"Em?" Chloe finally managed to make the first attempt to approach the werewolf.