Recovery

The walk back to the house was quiet. In fact so quiet that the leaves could've been heard falling.

Nobody said a word as they were still processing what had happened earlier at the fair.

Chloe had put her arms around herself as she tried to force the feeling and memory of the incident out of her head. Aubrey walked beside her looking worried; she cast a small smile to her friend indicating everything was ok.

The redhead looked ahead and saw Beca walking at the front. The short brunette hadn't said anything, nor had she even looked over her shoulder towards Chloe.

Emily hasn't left Beca's side since the fair. She was nearly clinging onto her sister.

The rest were just looking at the ground or around the area because now they were all on high alert. All except for Nilrem it seemed and that bothered Chloe.

'Why doesn't he look worried or something?' the vampire kept asking herself. She was trying to piece it all together.

First of all; the ferris wheel had bended to the side and suddenly stopped, which wasn't natural, not even by magical standards. Secondly; a piece of metal snapped and nearly killed Beca and Nilrem just happened to save her. Lastly; now he seemed to be at piece, like it was just a normal day.

"Hey. You ok?" Aubrey snapped the redhead out of her thoughts.

"Look at him," Chloe gestured to Nilrem. "Doesn't he seem too happy for what had just happened?"

Although Aubrey didn't want to admit it; Chloe was right. But that didn't mean that they should confront him right away. Aubrey knew Chloe and knew that she would never even try to think about a situation and immediately confront him on the spot.

"Ok, but we're not going to do it the Chloe way. We're going to observe and get the facts first ok?"

Chloe looked down and nodded trying to think of a plan already.

"Hey stop stressing yourself out. We'll do this together." the blonde smiled and squeezed her friend's hand reassuringly. "It'll be our secret."

"Ok but how?" Aubrey sighed at her friend's impatience.

"Just leave that to me."

_________________________________________

Stacie had opened the door and went straight to the kitchen. "Anyone hungry!?" she asked the group, to which most of them nodded.

As soon as everyone was inside, Beca went to lock the door. The moment she tried to walk over to the door, she felt her sister tighten her grip on her arm. She glanced back and saw the fear in her sister's eyes.

"Please don't go," Emily whispered in a pleading tone.

"I'll be ok. I'm just going to lock the door," Beca slowly released herself from the younger girl's grip.

She walked over and closed the door before locking it. Emily was watching her like a deer caught in headlights, so worried that something is going to try and hurt her sister.

As she went back she caught sight of a slight twitch in Emily's arm. She knew that the taller brunette was trying to restrain herself from lunging forward and grasping Beca in her arms.

Beca offered her hand and it was gladly taken as they made their way towards the living room and taking a seat on the couch.

At that moment Chloe saw why Beca was always trying to be a badass. She couldn't afford not to be. Emily was young and she was a scared and shy girl. Beca had to be the strong one. The one Emily could always go to for protection.