Bonus Chapter

"Happy birthday!"

Loud poppers go off, shooting colourful ribbons into the air as Jasper and I walk through the door.

"Woah!" I exclaim, covering my mouth as I examine the room with wide eyes.

Everyone is here. And I mean, everyone.

Charlie's quaint frontroom has been turned into a huge brightly decorated carnival, and it has Alice written all over it.

I knew she had him wrapped around her finger.

"Oh my goodness, thank you guys!"

I'm still trying to understand how Emmett fits in here. He looks even bigger than usual, and I'll bet Charlie is keeping his distance. He may be the Chief of Police, but I'd love to see him try and put handcuffs on Emmett.

A small table has been erected near the stairs, covered in small boxes and ribbons. I give them all a stern look.

"I'm pretty sure I said no gifts," I say, narrowing in on Jasper.

He smiles innocently. "I didn't get you a thing."

His expression is honest, but there's a spark behind his eyes I don't trust...

"I have to admit, this was my idea."

"Bella?" I gape. No way.

She laughs nervously. "You never had parties as a kid, and you're eighteen now. I wanted it to be special."

I can't help but smile at her. "Well, thank you. Everyone."

Rosalie hands me a small slim parcel as Jasper guides me closer. I take it carefully, unwrapping it.

My eyes grow to the size of dinner plates as I read the title of the book.

Mechanics: basics, tips and tricks.

"Oh my goodness, Rosalie! Thank you!" I say, instinctively going in for a hug.

But I halt, checking it's okay. She inclines her head slightly with a small smile. I hug her tightly.

With the book clutched in my hand, I turn to Esme as she speaks softly.

"Alice and I collaborated on this," she says, handing me a fairly large box.

I lift the lid and beam. "A Polaroid camera! Wait...how did you know?"

Jasper looks at the ceiling as I raise an eyebrow at him.

"Oh, so we've been taking notes, have we?" I say, then laugh, turning back to Alice and Esme. "Thank you very much."

"Look underneath it!" Alice squeaks, seemingly unable to contain herself any longer.

Doing as she says, I pull out a scrap book. With Jasper and I's faces on the front. My eyes narrow in suspicion.

Each page has up to four pictures of us together, but in places I don't remember anyone else being. The last ones however, are from the dance. I didn't realise how happy I looked.

"Wow..." I say, softly brushing my finger over the pictures. "This is amazing. But, Alice, some of these pictures...I don't recall seeing anyone nearby."

She grins mischievously and shrugs. "I can be quiet when I want to."

"I hope you know I will never trust an empty room again," I say, then laugh. "But thank you, this is beautiful."

"Us next!" Emmett booms, excitement burning in his eyes.

I barely catch the pair of keys that are hurled at me, hitting my hand with the force of a baseball.