{Wake Up, Scarlette}

I swam in a pool of utter black for what felt like an eternity, searching for something I couldn't find.

It was torture, seeking, seeking, but never finding. To be honest, I'm not sure if I would have been able to tell you what it was I was looking for.

But what awoke me, was the sound of beeping that grew louder over time. Sometimes, there would be voices behind that.

In my head, I've finally pieced together most of what's around me. And I'm not happy.

"If I open my eyes and see a hospital, I'm gonna whoop some ass."

The room goes silent, and I flick my eyelids up. Sure enough, it's a hospital.

At first, I'm wondering why it's such a small room. Then, I realise the room isn't small. It's just full of people.

Bella is sitting with Edward on my left, with her leg in a massive brace. On my right, Jasper stares wide-eyed at me.

Alice, Emmett and Carlisle are against the far wall, with Renee in the corner. It takes me a moment to see who Emmett is giving death glares.

But when I do, any trace of a smile drops from my face.

The man rises a bit uncertainly. His dark hair and eyes match mine, along with the strong set shoulders that seem to push at the seams of his jacket.

"Hi, Loreley," he says.

"What is he doing here?" I ask, looking at Bella.

She shrugs. "He's your father, we couldn't say no."

"That, is a sperm donor, not a father," I spit.

I refuse to look at him, and instead concentrate on Jasper. He places a hand over his mouth to hide the smirk, but I see it in his eyes.

"Hey, I know I might not have been the best father in the world, but I still expect a decent level of respect from my own daughter," John says.

The heart monitor speeds up as heat rushes to my face. "You might expect it, you ain't going to get it. Now get out."

"No."

I raise an eyebrow at him, then look at Emmett. "Would you mind?"

"My pleasure," he replies, and is off the chair like a shot.

"Jordan, he's your father, he has a right to be here," Renee says.

"Is Charlie here?" I ask, ignoring her.

"Yeah, he's just putting more money on his car, he should be back soon," Bella says.

Emmett very pointedly tells John to leave, and he can be very intimidating when he wants to be. It will be one of my golden memories forever; seeing John break like water over a rock under Emmett's gaze.

But something pops into my head as I glance at Bella's leg. "How long have I been in here?"

"A while. I woke up three days ago," she answers.

"Jordan?" Charlie rushes over with a bright smile.

"Hey, Charlie," I grin.

"You want him here over me?" John asks, giving him a dirty look.

"John, lemme get one thing straight; I'd rather have Phil here over you. Charlie's been more of a father to me than anyone else ever has," I say, glaring at him. "So don't let the door hit you on the way out."

One last look from Emmett, and he gives up. I don't bother looking as he leaves.

I have a catch up with Charlie, a small rant about being more careful next time, and then I explain how I got all busted up in the first place.