{Had Me From Hello}

Being abruptly woken by a screeching sound is not my preferred method. My legs took me to Bella's room before I could blink.

"Bella! Bella, are you okay?"

She smiles sheepishly at me from the top of her dresser. "Yeah...it was just a spider."

"You're kidding me," I say, giving her a look.

She shrugs. "Sorry."

Shaking my head, I return to my room. The morning light is just peeking through the curtains, so I pull them open.

Grey clouds and rain greet me. Not hard, but gentle and soothing. Hopefully a good sign.

It takes me less than half an hour to get ready. Plan grey top, high black boots with killer ripped jeans and a leather jacket can do a lot for a girl.

I let my hair down for once, allowing the auburn ringlets to tumble down around my shoulders.

It's the biggest physical difference between Bella and I. Apart from that, we are quite similar. Brown eyes, delicate skin. Although, I am taller and a bit broader.

Okay so maybe we're different. I don't like thinking about it. I take too much after my father, and I hate it.

But there's no time for that. I rush to get my bag as Bella waits in her truck. Oh, when I can get my licence. And afford a car.

Charlie waves us off, and then we're heading down the road in a rust bucket that shakes every time it hits the smallest bump. I have never had less confidence in a vehicle before in my life.

But after fifteen minutes of fearing for life and limb, we pull into the Forks Highschool parking lot.

And by fuck, are we noticed when the engine stops with an ear splitting bang.

"This was a gift?" I ask, looking at Bella.

"Yeah. I love it," she replies, and gets out.

"Well, that makes one of us," I mutter, and follow her.

"Nice ride!" Some kid yells.

Bella mumbles a thanks only I hear. We walk together, until we're cornered by an overly eager Asian boy with a way too friendly smile. For my tastes at least.

So I say goodbye to Bella and make my way to my first class, which I find by using the map pasted on the walls.

Luckily for my sanity, it's history. So I find my way there unusually fast.

"Class, this is Loreley Swan, our new student," the teacher says.

"It's Jordan," I say quickly, wincing at the use of my first name.

"Well, Jordan, is there anything you would like to say about yourself?"

I face the class a bit nervously, but keep it on the inside. With my head held high, I find it easier to speak to people.

"Hi. As you just heard I'm Jordan. I grew up in Phoenix, Arizona, and hated it. So no need to ask me how I'm adjusting to the weather 'cause I prefer rain."

They laugh, and I'm pointed to the back of the class where one empty seat sits next to a boy.

My eyes catch him easily. His golden eyes and honey hair stand out dramatically from the rest of the dark haired, dark eyed boys and girls in the room.

I sit next to him, and weirdly, my nerves spike a little. "Hi."

"Hello," he says, a strong southern twang seeping through his apparent surprise.