{Under His Skin}

Jasper and I have been lying in the grass, curled up against each other, for about an hour.

The sun has slowly set, sending its rays from orange, to red, to deep red. Each time, the light has revealed a different array of colours over the mountain.

But the most amazing thing for me, is as the sun finds a break in the clouds and shines down on us, Jasper's skin begins to glow.

I can't help but stare as his skin turns to diamonds in front of me. They gleam brightly, and my heart almost stops at his beauty.

"Woah..."

"Ah...yes, I forgot to mention that," he says uncertainly.

"Jasper, you sparkle?" I exclaim, unable to stop staring.

He laughs. "I guess so. That's the first time I've ever heard someone describe it like that."

"You're beautiful," I say, gliding my hand over his face.

The pure light of it almost hurts my eyes, but looking into his pools of soft honey while his face shimmers is worth it.

I rest my hand on the side of his face and let one finger stroke his forehead and cheek.

Jasper's eyes flicker shut as I do so, and a peaceful expression takes over. It's lovely to see him like this, as he rarely allows himself to be so relaxed.

I start humming without paying attention to what it is, hoping to relax him a bit more. My finger moves along with it rhythmically until a small smirk appears on his lips.

"Are you humming Black Sabbath?" He asks, amusement coating his tone.

My face goes red as I realise that I am. "...I think so."

"I thought I recognised it. Iron Man, right?"

"Yeah," I say, feeling embarrassed.

"You can keep going, if you'd like. It's a good song."

I smile and keep going. Slowly, the sun disappears, and Jasper turns back to normal.

His blond hair is being blown away from his face by the breeze, keeping his sculpted features visible.

"Sometimes I wonder if you were made by angels," I mutter, tracing his jaw.

"I can assure you, no angel made me," he says.

"I agree if you mean vampirically. Maria sounds like a right bitch. But biologically, you definitely won the genetic lottery," I say.

"Well, thank you. I can say the same for you, too. I mean, look at those beautiful brown eyes," he says, and opens his eyes to look at me.

I blush and turn my head, unused to the compliments. But a cold hand gently eases my head back.

"Do not hide your face from me, darling."

His fingers drag over my chin and cheek, then to my lips, where his thumb presses in.

"I would love to kiss you right now, but I'm afraid I might need to eat something after it," he says.

My heart rate has increased, and I shift my position. "There are other ways to relieve those feelings..."

I slowly work at unbuttoning his criminally restricting shirt. He's slightly stiff, but doesn't object.

Once his shirt is open, I press a kiss to his neck, carefully and with force behind it. Then, I trail my tongue down to his collar bone, which I press more kisses over until I reach his shoulder. Each one is slow and deliberate, carefully placed for pleasure.