{Baseball Game}

Jasper invited me to a baseball game with his family, so today Charlie is going to meet him and Edward.

Bella paces nervously in her room as I watch from the doorway. She takes this stuff way too seriously.

Carlisle gave me a brace to wear for my hand, just to give it a bit more support. He discovered I sprained that along with the broken fingers when I complained about it.

I hate the stares it brings, but the support is worth it. Jasper fussed over it for ages, muttering that I am almost as bad as Bella.

Which is untrue, but I can see his point.

"What if he doesn't like him? I mean, Charlie is very protective, even if he doesn't visibly show it," Bella mutters, running a hand through her hair.

A smile tugs my lips up. "Bells, calm it. Charlie will be fine with Edward."

"Aren't you worried about how he'll react with Jasper?" She asks.

"Nope. He already likes Jaz, I doubt he will have a problem," I say.

"Yeah, well, Charlie can be frosty with stuff like this," she says.

The doorbell goes, and I calmly walk down to open it as Bella runs into the living room to tell Charlie. I didn't understand why she didn't bring it up before, rather than waiting for last minute.

"Hey, Jaz," I smile, and lean in to press a quick kiss to his lips.

He's dressed in a faded blue zip-up and baseball cap, obviously with jeans. That confuses me because how the hell can you play baseball in jeans?

"Hello, beautiful," he replies, grinning.

He might have his signature lopsided smile, but I can see the slight anxiety in his eyes, so I take his hand and lead him inside as Bella gets Edward.

"It's alright, Jasper. He isn't gonna do anything," I say quietly.

His grin shifts uneasily. "What if he doesn't like me?"

"You've saved my life twice. How can he not?" I say, kissing his cheek.

We walk into the living room and he stiffens, causing me to laugh. Charlie has all his guns out on the table.

"Hello, Chief Swan, it's nice to meet you," Edward says, holding out his hand.

Charlie takes it, but his face stays in the 'intimidating father' expression.

"Chief Swan," Jasper says, dipping his head a little. "Jordan and Bella won't be out late tonight, they're just going to play baseball with our family."

Charlie grins at Jasper, then looks at Edward. "Bella's going to play baseball? Well, good luck with that."

I chuckle, then wink at Bella as she glares. Charlie bites his lip and ruffles his moustache as he watches us.

"You know, this; I expected." He gestures to Jasper and I. "But not you two."

"How did you expect us?" I ask, narrowing my eyes.

"Like I said before, Jordan, it's all in the eyes." He takes a swig of beer and mutters, "plus your bedroom door was open last night."

If vampires could blush, I'm sure Jasper would be bright red right now. I'm not, but Bella is embarrassed for me.

"What? You were young once," I say, smiling sweetly.

"Yeah, yeah, just remember to shut the door next time. And when you get back you can tell me how you really got those injuries," he says, pointing at me accusingly.