{Blitz}

My eyes are assaulted by the bright, grimy light of the place. No one notices me come in, as everyone is crowded around the ring, where pained grunts are coming from.

The atmosphere is all too familiar. A tense, violent aura. And the loud cheers of the spectators as they bay for blood. Even the bar where most of the creeps usually hang out has some recognisable faces.

My feet carry me to the changing rooms, where I slip on my usual attire.

A black vest bra and leggings that stop at my shin. In this place, we don't wear shoes, which can cause some painful blisters I'll tell ya.

I take my time taping up my knuckles, listening intently to the noise outside. Whatever is happening hasn't gone well for either, and I expect to see blood.

It's won't be the first time, so it doesn't bother me. I just hope it will be the last.

In a Roulette Fight, there are a set number of contenders who go up against each other. The last are always the most skilled, so they keep the crowd till the end.

No one but the people who set it up know who is being sent against who.

But unlike the others, I know who I am getting in the ring with. I'm not looking forward to his reaction.

I tie my hair up in a tight ponytail and listen to the announcer hype up the crowd for the last round.

The most dangerous round, with the most at stake.

If I die in a ring I'm going to be pissed.

The announcer's bass voice rings out through the speakers.

"Make some noise for the pulveriser! The wrecking ball! Bigggg John!"

I've always hated people who do it like that. But, they really know how to hype up a crowd.

It's rare that's a good thing.

The yells reach the roof, but I can still hear John's booming voice above them all. Some of his promises sound painful on my end. Mainly because they're aimed at me.

Still, I don't think he knows it is me. Which could be better or worse. I guess I will find out.

I've edged my way into the crowd, being small enough to avoid detection, but how to make my presence known isn't hard.

"And now! For his challenger. Make some noise for the title holder, the beast in the ring, it's Huntress!"

A few gasps and whispers swirl around the spectators as I hop over the ropes. John's face displays open surprise, then rage.

"You should be dead!" He hisses, only audible to me because of the howling crowd.

"I would be if it weren't for your shitty aim," I spit back.

As soon as I stepped in, all the tension drained from me, the way I was trained. I can feel my feet and shoulders lining up as I watch him glare.

"You've got some nerve," he says.

I wink at him as I bounce on the balls of my feet. He has his strength to hold over me, but I'm too fast for him to hit.

Plus, I know how he fights. There isn't much to it besides hitting. Hopefully it hasn't changed.

The bell tolls, and it sounds like a church bell as it rings in my ears.

John doesn't waste any time, and lunges for me with his giant fist aimed for my face.

I duck and twist behind him, watching with some internal amusement as he crashes into the ropes.

Keeping your face emotionless in a fight is key to not giving away your strategy. But it's also good for hiding how scared shitless I am.