{Time Of My Life}

I stare uncertainly in the mirror as I twirl a little. The dress is nice, but I'm not sure it suits me.

"Jordan, stop fussing you look great."

Bella comes through to look in the mirror too. Her dress is a lovely blue, which matches her cast.

"You look amazing, Bells. Edward's gonna eat you alive," I wink at her, narrowly avoiding getting smacked.

"Wait until Jasper sees you," she teases. "He won't be able to control himself."

I can't help the blush that rises to my cheeks as I look back to the mirror.

My hair falls in ringlets around my shoulders, the right side pinned back by a black flower pin behind the ear.

The dress itself is incredibly simple. Alice helped pick it out, but I insisted on keeping it low-key.

Flowing black material spills down to my leg, where it splits in half. It hugs my torso, showing off the curve of my hips. One thick strip of fabric hangs low over my shoulders.

Alice attempted to get me to wear heels, but I made it quite clear I would break my neck in them. So she found a pair of practically flag black shoes with the tiniest heel possible.

Carlisle reapplied my splint, and it's healed well enough. He said I can take it off for the dance, but that it needs to go back on as soon as.

"What do you think of your makeup? I did the best I could I'm afraid," Bella says.

I smile, looking closer at the elegant dark wings over my eyelids. "I love it."

"Well, let's go," Bella says brightly.

I let her go down the stairs first, as her steps are slower due to the cast.

A nervousness I've never felt before stirs in my stomach as I follow, my eyes immediately finding Jasper.

His eyes widen, and an awed smile spreads over his lips. I don't move my eyes as I come to stand next to Bella.

Jasper looks dashing in his tuxedo. The black contrasts amazingly with his pale skin, and his honey hair lies delicately against his cheeks.

"You girls look beautiful," Charlie says, smiling.

"You're perfect," Edward says to Bella.

Jasper gently lifts me down from the last step and rakes his eyes over my face. "Enchanting..." He leans in to speak in my ear. "You certainly have me under your spell."

"Don't worry, she'll be safe with me Chief Swan," Edward says.

"Yeah, I've heard that one before," Charlie deadpans.

Edward smirks a little, then leaves to wait outside.

"I put some new pepper spray in your bag," Charlie says to Bella.

"Dad..."

"And you two look beautiful."

Bella goes outside to Edward's Volvo, and Charlie smiles at Jasper as we follow.

A gasp escapes my lips as I lay eyes on the car sitting next to it.

"Oh, I love that Camaro," I say, letting my eyes slip over the sleek car.

Jasper laughs softly. "I'm glad..."

He walks me to the passenger door, and opens it so I can slip in.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Jasper pulls up, and smiles brightly at me as he opens my door.

"You do look truly beautiful, darlin'," he murmers, offering me an arm.

I take it, looking at him with lidded eyes. "Who're you to talk? I nearly stopped breathing when I saw you."

He chuckles, lowering his eyes. Then his demeanour becomes nervous, intriguing me.

"I...have something for you," he says softly.

"What?" I say, wide eyed.

Jasper puts a hand in his pocket, bringing out a small smooth box and opening it.

My jaw drops once again, and my fingers move of their own accord to stroke it.

It's bright blue, and hung on the end of a silver chain.

"I had it shaped like a lightening bolt with stars around it," he says, watching my reaction carefully.

"Jaz...it's beautiful...thank you." I look back at him and kiss his cheek. "Thank you!"

He beams, and puts it around my neck. It lies just below my collarbone.

"Can I ask, why a lightening bolt?"

Jasper smiles abashedly. "Two reasons. The first, ya know, Blitz."

I laugh, but keep watching him curiously. His facial expression hints at an invisible blush.

"The second, because you came into my life and stole my heart with the strength, speed, and electricity of a lightening bolt," he whispers.

"Aw, Jaz. That's so sweet. Who knew you were such a hopeless romantic," I tease, then smile tenderly. "I love you."

"Love you too," he says, pressing a kiss to my temple. Then he smirks. "Shall we?"

"Let's give them something to really gossip about."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The night is perfect. Jasper and I dance for hours, completely consumed by each other.

Emmett brought Rosalie, and Alice is asked to dance quite a few times.

To be honest, Jasper and I stole the dance floor. Our movements are so in sinc, even Emmett seems taken aback.

For the last dance, Jasper specially requests Heros. It's during this dance, most of the kids step back to watch as we laugh and smile as the sun goes down around us.

Spending the night in Jasper's arms is more than I could ever ask for, and much more than I expected from my time in Forks.

Once the dance is over, Jasper drives to the forest, and scoops me up before running to the mountain.

We lay in the glade together, talking about everything and anything as the moon shines down on us.

In the sun, he sparkles. But the moon makes his skin gleam so subtly, it takes my breath away.

"You know, Jaz, when I came here, the first day," I say, leaning my head on his chest. "I never thought past getting through school. But when I saw you, something changed. Everything became so much better."

"I can say much the same," he murmers.

"I realized in the back of Belka's truck, that while I may have been in danger, I was right where I was supposed to be."

"And where's that?"

"With you."

The stars twinkle down at us, painted on a vast canvas of deep blue. The only true light comes from the moon, huge and round as it hangs in the night sky.

I've always been most comfortable in the dark, it's soothing. But more than that, it blankets everything and keeps it hidden; safe.

After everything we've been through, I'm happy to see Jasper and I have come out stronger and closer than before.

I suppose you could say Jasper is the moon in my night sky.

And I will love him until the world burns around us, and nothing remains but the feeling of our arms around each other.

What's that line again?

"The future's looking brighter than a handful of stars."