Chapter Fifty-Two

Start from the beginning

"Confused but good." I answered, "I miss you."

"Same here."

"I killed you once before, Gilbert. I'll kill you again." I heard Damon say in the background.

"Someone wants to speak to you." Jeremy said.

I sat down underneath the payphone, waiting for Damon to say something.

"Hey, you." I heard him say.

I smiled, "hey, you."

"So, eat anyone yet?" He asked.

"Nope. So far, I'm symptom-free. Although Stefan still has me on the 'Damon diet' just in case."

"Oh, yea, it sucks. You're gonna be craving carbs constantly. But, hey. There's a plus side. You get to keep your girlish figure." He joked and I laughed.

"I'm calling you on a payphone." I told him.

"Well, how retro of you. Does that mean you've memorized my phone number?" He asked.

"Possibly. Katherine our a passcode on my phone, so, I can't use it."

"Ohh," He dragged out, "that would explain all those crazy instagram pics you've been uploading lately."

"What?" I asked, scared.

"Kidding, kidding."

I sighed in relief, "Damon, that's not funny. I don't know what I've been doing for the last three weeks."

"I know. I'm sorry."

There was a few seconds of silence.

"So, fill me in. What else did I miss?" I asked.

"What was the last thing you remember?" He asked.

"Running into your arms. Feeling safe."

"Well, it was all downhill from there."

"I wanted to fight for you. I still do."

"Oh, Ellie, the second we're cured of this and we don't want to rip each other's heads off, I am going to hunt you down and give you the most mind blowing night of your life." I heard him whisper.

"I think that would work." I smiled, "one question: How exactly do we cure this?" I asked.

\||\

A few minutes passed and Damon and I have been talking nonstop.

"Can we talk about the irony of Katherine Pierce sitting through a college lecture?" He laughed causing me to laugh.

"Oh, no, I'm failing, aren't I?"

"No way. If anything, there's some sucker probably compelled to spend his entire Spring Break doing your homework."

"Yea, you're probably right. I have to add that to the list of things I need to fix, starting with Aaron."

"Aaron? What the hell does he have to do with anything?" Damon asked.

"I haven't seen or talked to him since he found out that I was a vampire and thought I wanted to kill him."

"Well, uh... you probably won't find him."

"Why?" I asked.

"No reason."

"Ellie?" I heard Stefan call.

"Stefan just got here. He bought me a new phone. I'll call you back." I stood up and placed the phone back.