Chapter Twenty-Five

The Killer, Part 2

I couldn't sleep. I kept on taking deep breaths and twisting and turning in my bed. All night, I've had this feeling like something horrible is about to happen. Also, I killed Connor. Not only did I lose my chance at finding a cure, but he was the second life I took.

I went downstairs and put a cup of milk in the microwave. I looked out the window and the sun was starting to rise.

"Can't sleep?" I jumped at the sound of that voice.

I turned to where the voice came from but no one was there. The microwave beeped causing me to jump again. I took a deep breath before grabbing my cup out of the microwave.

I turned to walk out of the kitchen but stopped and gasped. Connor was leaning against the counter.

"You know... it makes sense. Guilty conscience." He said.

"You not here." I shook my head. "I've got to be dreaming."

"Then how do you know I'm not here?" He asked walking closer to me. I took steps back.

"Because you're..." I stopped my sentence.

"Go on. Say it."

I hesitated before finishing my sentence, "because you're dead."

"Yes. I am."

"You're a ghost." I whispered in fear. "It's got to be— you're a ghost. That's what's happening right now. Jeremy!" I called him to see if he can see Connor. I started to breath heavily. "You're a ghost. You're haunting me. You're a ghost." I repeated.

"Can ghosts do this?" He turned me around and wrapped his arms around my neck.

I elbowed him in the guts and pushed him into the kitchen table. He got up and started to walk towards me. I grabbed a knife from the counter and stabbed Connor in the neck. I pulled it out and saw Jeremy, holding his neck because I just stabbed him.

My heart dropped and tears started to form in my eyes. I dropped the knife. "Oh, my gosh!" I caught Jeremy and brought him to the floor.

Elena came downstairs and gasped. She ran towards us and looked to find his Gilbert ring. Elena and I both sighed in relief when we saw that he was wearing it.

\||\

Jeremy was laying in the couch, still dead, while I was pacing around the room. Damon came over and Stefan was on his way.

"I can't believe this happened. What am I gonna say to him?"

"Thanks for not ditching the Gilbert ring after it drive Ric crazy?" Damon suggested.

I looked towards Elena. "I'm so sorry. I thought I stabbed Connor."

"It's fine." She said. "You should go take a shower. Clean the blood off of your hands."

I nodded. Then Stefan walked in. I headed up stairs and into the bathroom. I turned on the water then undressed myself. I felt the water to make sure it was a good temperature before getting in.

I was washing the soap off my body when my head looked down. I saw blood starting to form by the drain. I gasped and moved back. I looked at the shower head and no blood was coming out. I looked back to the ground and more blood was coming. Quickly turning off the water, I got out of the shower and dried myself off.

\||\

After I was done changing, I was brushing my hair in front of the mirror. I put the brush back in the drawer then looked back up and saw Connor in the reflection. I gasped and turned around.