Chapter Three

Voodoo

"There has to be more to this dress." Rebekah said coming out of the dressing room. Rebekah, who is Klaus' sister, was daggered since the 20's.

"There's not." Klaus told her.

Her dress was black, tight, and was a low cut. "So women in the 21st century dress like prostitutes, then."

Klaus, Stefan and I shrugged.

"You know, I got dirty looks for wearing trousers."

"You wore trousers so women today could wear nothing." Klaus said.

"And what is this music? air sounds like a cable car accident." She asked complaining.

"It's dance music." Stefan answered.

"People dance to this?" She asked. Stefan nodded, yes.

"Are we done?" Klaus asked.

"And why are you so grumpy?" Rebekah asked.

"I needed one thing from you for my witch to find out why my hybrids are dying, one thing. Your necklace, and you lost it."

"I didn't lose it. It's just been missing for 90 years." She told Klaus. "So what do you think?" She asked me and did a 360 spin.

"It's nice." She frowned. "What?"

"I can always tell when people lie." She said and went back into the dressing room.

"Nice one. Good work." Klaus said.

I rolled my eyes. "You're the one who pulled the dagger out of her."

"I heard that." She said from the dressing room.

"Alright, I need some fresh air." Stefan said getting up.

"Wait. Don't leave me alone." I said and got up following him.

When we walked out, Katherine was standing on the other side of the street. She nudged her head to follow her. Stefan and I glanced at each other then followed her.

"What the hell are you doing here?" I asked.

"You two look chummy. Klaus your new bestie?" Katherine asked.

"You know, if he finds out you're in Chicago, you're dead." Stefan reminded her.

"Happy to know that you still care." She smiled. "So, tell me if I'm wrong— Rebekah's necklace that Klaus is looking for... That's the necklace that you gave to Elena."

My eyes widened and I looked over to Stefan.

Stefan rolled his eyes. "Goodbye, Katherine."

"Wait. Wait." She stopped him. "You're up to something, tell me."

"They don't know where the necklace is. I just have to keep them from figuring it out. I have it all under control."

"Please tell me you have a better plan than that." Katherine said. "You do. Come on, Stefan. You're not the diabolical type. Whatever you're planning, it's not going to work."

"Well, if the most diabolical women I know can't seem to figure it out, then I must be doing something right." Stefan smiled.

Katherine laughed. "I forgot. You're bad now. Don't get too cocky. Klaus is smarter than you. He's smarter than everyone."

Stefan walked away and I followed him.

"And I've heard about that sister." She said. Stefan and I turned to look at her "Be careful. She'll ruin you."