Chapter Five

There's a glitch for whenever people type "I" it glitches. I tried to fix them idk how many actually worked.

Bonfire

I woke up due to an unfriendly feeling in my stomach. I got out of Damon's bed and sped to the bathroom and threw up the blood from last night.

I sniffed and whipped my mouth. I slowly got up, with shaky legs. I walked to the sink and leaned against the counter to hold myself up. I felt Damon rubbing my back.

"It didn't work, Damon." I whispered, referring to last night at the club.

"It's all in your head."

"What do you mean?" I asked, with a dry voice.

"You can't drink human blood because you feel guilty about Scott." He said.

I sighed. I stood up but Damon caught me before I could fall completely to the ground.

"I'm fine." I told him.

"No. You're hungry."

"I can't drink without throwing it up, Damon."

"You have to get passed Scott in order to drink it!" He snapped. I flinched at his tone of voice. "I'm sorry. I didn't mean it like that." He whispered.

"I should get ready for school." I changed the subject. I left his hold and left the bathroom.

\||\

"Here we are. Senior year." Caroline said. Caroline, Bonnie, Elena and I were at high school about to walk in.

"Anyone else think it should feel slightly more empowering?" Bonnie asked. We all traded looks.

"Okay. So prank night was a bust. But we are accepting it, and we are moving on." Caroline said as we started walking.

"You're right. I️ mean, why should I️ let the fact that my boyfriend is seeing the ghost of his dead girlfriend hinder this experience." Bonnie said.

"Yes! And why should I️ let the fact that my boyfriend was turned into a hybrid put a damper on an otherwise fabulous day." Caroline told us.

"And why should I️ let the fact that I️ killed my brother and I'm slowly desiccating ruin my first day of senior year." I️ continued the pattern.

"Yea. You win." Bonnie said.

"Today's our anniversary." Elena said causing us to stop walking and to look at her. "Technically, Stefan and I️ met on the first day of school last year."

"Are you sure you want to be here?" Bonnie asked.

"I have to be here. I have to put it behind me. New year. New life." Elena smiled and we smiled too. We then continued to walk into the school.

\||\

Elena closed her locker and we walked up to Caroline who hung up a poster about the back-to-school bonfire.

"I forgot about the bonfire." Elena said.

"We have to go. It's our first spirit squad event. And it sets the bar for the whole year."

"Relax, Caroline. We'll be there." Elena told her.

"Thank you. It's just that—" She was cut off from Tyler kissing her.

"Happy first day." He said.

I looked at red spot on his grey shirt. "Is that blood?" I asked.