Chapter Fifty-Two

Start from the beginning

Then everything went black again.

\||\

My eyes opened and I saw the familiar ceiling of my dorm room. I sat up and I was in my bed in an empty room. I got out of bed and felt cold. I furrowed my eyebrows in confusion, since I have never gotten cold since I became a vampire.

I grabbed my cardigan and walked out of my room. It was dead silent. I walked further into the hall and noticed that no one was here.

"Hello?" I called out.

"Hey. You're awake." I heard someone say from behind me.

I turned around, "Stefan. What are you doing here?" I asked, "where is everyone?"

"Everyone's gone. The whole school cleared out for Spring Break. You've been in and out since you first woke up." He explained.

"Oh. Yea, that makes sense. I thought I was going crazy."

I walked closer to Stefan but got stuck by a seal a few inches in front of him. I tried to get my hand through, but it was blocked.

"What's going on?" I asked.

"We had to seal you into the building." I gave him a confused look, "we have a lot of catching up to do."

\||\

Stefan explained to me that Wes injected Damon with a virus that makes him feed on other vampires. He also said that before they killed Katherine, she injected the same virus into me.

\||\

"The last thing I remember, I was running through the woods, and my head felt like it was being attacked by Katherine's whole life. Then I saw Damon, I threw my arms around him, and... then nothing." I explained to Stefan.

"Yea, that was about three weeks ago."

"Three weeks ago?" I repeated in shock, "wow." I turned around and started pacing, "and yet, it took just one second for Katherine to infect me with some virus that makes me want to kill all my friends."

"Well, you know Katherine. She's not about to go out without a grand finale."

"Do you really think this whole lockdown is necessary? I mean— I feel fine." I told him.

"Look, we shouldn't take any chances. If Damon taught us anything, It's that the virus makes you want to attack at the mere scent of vampire blood."

"How did you put up the seal?" I asked.

"Liv." He answered.

"Liv?" I asked, not knowing who that is.

"She's a new witch. Bonnie's been teaching her some spells." I looked down, realizing how much I've missed, "Look, I know that this is a lot to process, but just know that Caroline is out looking for an antidote, and in the meantime, we've figured out a way to ration blood to keep you satiated. We're gonna figure this out, okay?"

I nodded then looked up at him, "I need to talk to Damon, but Katherine put a passcode on my phone."

"Okay, I'll go get you one." He smiled then walked out.

I took a deep breath and started to walk back to my room. Across the hall, I saw a payphone. I grabbed some change then dialed Damon's number. It rang for a few times before it picked up.

"Damon's phone." Jeremy answered. 

"Jeremy?" I asked.

"Ellie. Hey. How are you feeling?" He asked.