TWENTY-ONE

★★★

★★★

Zain's Pov

Misunderstanding?

Two years of pent up frustration over a misunderstanding because someone I loved never trusted me?

I feel like breaking something right now. I was walking towards my college to collect my bike. Do hell with Aarav and his two hours' drive, I can't stand to sit here for so long.

As I reach my college, I start my bike and ride towards my home. All the while replaying my and Aria's moments.

Our meet.

Our kiss.

Our hug.

And one misunderstanding.

And everything was over. I sped the engine as I made a sharp turn towards the corner of my house and stopped the bike in front of my house.

My mom who was standing in front talking to some neighbour aunty kept her hand on her chest startled. "Do not ever ride your bike like that!!" She scolded me as I nod my head and walked inside.

I wanted to break something and I have to do it fast. In the rush I forgot to see Varun's car was parked outside my house.

"Dude are you okay?" I heard Varun ask and that's when I realized he was at my house and in my room.

"What are you doing here?" I ask. His eyes widened at the tone of my voice.

"There is something wrong with you, tell me?" He demanded walking towards me.

I just narrowed my eyes at him but didn't answer. I went and sat on my bed with my hands fisted. "You didn't tell me what are you doing here?" I ask him again.

He sighed and looked at the back of my head. "Your mom called me, she wanted to see some samples of the interior she wanted to do next week," he tells and I remember, his mom must've sent him with the book. His mom was an interior designer.

"But you still haven't told me what's wrong with you?" He asked and took the chair of my desk and sat beside me.

"Nothing." I mutter under my breath and avoided his gaze.

"Yeah sure." He says not believing me. "If it's nothing then you shouldn't be having any problem to come with us for a party, right?" He asks and I look at him confused.

"What party?"

"A bachelorette party that my cousin is having and I've already invited the boys." He tells me and I see a challenge in his eyes daring me to refuse.

"But why do I have to go?" I ask irritated.

"Because you just said there isn't anything wrong with you, and you've only one way to prove it and that is you're coming to the party with me." He declares and I roll my eyes.