THIRTEEN

✩✩✩

✩✩✩

Aria's Pov

"So how was your first day?" My mom asks as me and my parents sat on the dinner table having our dinner.

"It was...okay." I say shrugging my arms while my parents gave me confused and worried glances.

"Aria," my father called and I looked up at him. "What's the matter? You don't sound good." He says and I shake my head.

"It's nothing, I'm just tired." I say and picked up my plate walking towards the kitchen. I washed the plate and put it back on its original place.

"I'll meet you guys tomorrow, good night." I say as I exited the kitchen while my parents still looked at me worriedly.

And my mind drifted to this afternoon's fiasco when I again met Zain at lunch table. He just stared at me when I revealed we have shifted here but nothing more. His face was blank and I wonder what he would be thinking.

Both the times I saw him today, his face was blank and his eyes seem cold. Whenever the boys tried to talk to him, he only answered while shaking his head in yes or no and never verbally.

I sighed and checked my phone. I had two new messages. One was from my friend back at Delhi and the other was from Raghav. After our class we exchanged our numbers today because he was my first friend here even if he embarrassed me at the lunch table.

Raghav was not ready to leave the boys even after the warning bell had went off. He kept on following Abeer who was giving him weird looks. He went as far as following Ranbir to the washroom.

It was when I finally pulled him with me to the class that he finally left struggling or else he was ready for following and sitting with the boys at whichever class they took.

I chuckled and opened Raghav's message and he was asking me to be ready tomorrow cause we're going to stationary shop to bring the books Prof. Bhatt asked us to bring today.

Replying him I drifted back to the memory of two years back. And my mood suddenly turned sad.

"Do you like these?" Zain asked from behind me as we walked the street market to buy some things for our family. It was second last day and we all decided it was the time we should go and shop.

Akshay sir gave us permission after lots and lots of begging from Aarav who accidentally called the word BABY at least thrice making him to agree with us.

While the boys went off to shop somewhere, me and Zain walked watching the shops displaying different and beautiful things.

I was busy looking at the big rectangular shaped earrings when Zain asked me if I liked them. I gave him a nod and turned around the earring to see the price.

My eyes widened when I saw the cost, it was 150/- Such a big price for such a small item. I shook my head and kept back the earring.

"What happened? You aren't buying them?" Zain asked standing really close to me that I could feel his breath on my neck. I took a long breath composing myself and shook my head.

"Nah, I will see something else." I say moving away from him for my own sanity. I heard Zain chuckle behind me as he took the earrings I had liked and asked the shopkeeper to pack it.

My eyes widened and before I could say anything, he put those earrings in my hands. "My first gift to you, I'm sure they'll look beautiful on you." He says making my eyes widen in surprise and awe.

"But Zain I can't-" I was about to deny the gift when he shook his head and moved closer to me. He cupped my cheeks with both his hands and looked straight into my eyes.

"Take it please, I want you to have them." He says, his eyes pleading and asking for me to agree.

I sighed and nodded my head as a smile crept on my lips. "Thank you, I'll definitely wear them." I say and he smiled brightly at my words when my eyes fell on something behind him.

I immediately pulled him with me to the shop and showed him the lucky charm bracelets with a little hearts, moons and diamonds on it. He looked at me confused as I looked for the same matching bracelet as his. When finally, I found it, I bought it while Zain stood there with a knowing smile on his face.

"You know right I didn't bring you that earring as a gift so that you should return me with another gift?" He asked and I shook my head.

"No but I want us to have matching bracelets, look they are so beautiful." I say excited and showed him those. He smiled but his eyes remained on my face.

"Yeah they look adorable." He says and I know he isn't talking about the bracelet.

I felt my cheeks turning warm at his words, but I ignored it and took his hand and put the band on him. He looked down and he smiled as he took the other one and put it on me.

Suddenly we felt a flash in front of us and I looked up startled to see Aarav, Ranbir, Varun and Abeer standing there while Aarav had a phone in his hand.

"I told you, he is whipped." Ranbir says and the boys laugh. Zain scowls at them and tried catching them but the boys just laughed and ran away from there.

I smiled at the memory and opened my drawer taking out both the earrings and the bracelet which I had kept with me even if the feelings he shown were all fake.

I looked at the earrings and one more memory came to my mind and I fisted the earrings in my fist.

"Dad you won't believe but we did saw a panda there." I say trying to convince my dad as we walked out of the airport towards our car. I tried to divert my mind off Zain so that I won't go inside the airport and hug the hell out of him.

"Yes, and I believe you." My dad says sarcastically and I roll my eyes as he went and asked me to stand while he brings the car.

As I stood there, I sensed someone walking towards me. I looked back and my eyes widen seeing Inaya walking towards me giving me a glare.

"Umm...hi?" I say as she stood before me and ever so slowly, she removed her hairs which were falling on her face and put them behind her ears.

That's when I saw them, the exact same earrings Zain gave me the day before. She smirked looking at me. "You like them?" She asks and her next sentence made my breath hitch. "Zain gave it to me."

I hadn't believed her when she said that, but when after fifteen minutes I received a text from Zain I knew she was telling truth even if my heart denied believing it.

A sad feeling crept inside me as I tried not to break down and beat the shit out of Zain for playing me.

Oh but he was sure going to pay back for making me cry so much that day. I took the earrings and with that determination threw it in the dustbin.

My eyes then went towards the bracelet but I couldn't dare to throw that in the dustbin. I clutched the bracelet tight and put it back inside the drawer before I change my mind and throw it too.

That's it, I would no longer feel sad about what Zain did to me, but if I get a chance, I would surely ask him why he did, what he did.

And that would be sooner than later.✩✩✩

Vote and Comment
Thank you