X

I was halfway through my report to Remus when it arrived. I was planning on confessing my feelings to Virgil after I had finished writing to my brother.

The letter, to Remus, consisted of me telling him how I would never be able to kill Prince Virgil. I had no idea why Remus, or anyone, would want to kill Virgil. He wasn't arrogant or unaware, but kind and funny. Although his humour was cynical, he was a pleasure to be around... Most of the time. This is what I conveyed to my brother.

After getting to know Virgil I learnt that he has previously been judged by the subjects of the kingdom, and visitors from others, because of how 'unique' he is. Many thought him to be cursed or evil, but that was soon dropped after he was to be crowned king.

People enjoy pointing fingers but if anything threatens to bother them, they turn a blind eye.

Because of these suspicions, he had very few friends, but then I became one of them.

I explained to Remus how we had grown closer. I then wrote that I started to fall for him, saying that originally I didn't let that get in the way of my job, but that eventually I knew I would never be able to point a knife at him, let alone murder him for no reason (at least none that was clear to me), which was the point of the operation. As you can guess, this would cause many problems when trying to complete the mission. I certainly didn't believe he would ever return my feelings, but I could still never end his life.

But then there was a letter slid under my door.

I recognised the handwriting as that of the princes and immediately got worried. Virgil had previously informed me that he preferred speaking to people in person so that there would be less misconceptions so I was certainly uneasy. I opened the ivory envelope and found a piece of parchment that had been folded thrice. After unfolding it I braced myself for the message of ink that decorated the page.

Dear Roman,
                        I think I have feelings for you.

Well I guess Virgil always preferred to be blunt. Once again to have a lack of miscommunications. Wait a minute, WHAT?

I have never had many friends, but then you came along. You weren't really supposed to be my friend, but I think of you as my friend. It doesn't feel like very long, it's only been just over a month, but I know your personality like I have known you since we were children.

I feel the exact same way.

There are so many other things that I would love to learn about you, that you don't talk about. You have been such a kind friend to me. I hope you do consider me as a friend.

Of course I consider Virgil as a friend. But imagine if I told him all the shocking things about me. He would hate me. I can't afford to get caught in that web of lies.

But as time went on, I started to feel so much more strongly towards you. I loved your singing voice, I heard it as I played the ukulele. I loved your laugh and your jokes. I loved your eyes with speckles of gold in them. I loved your personality, how you acted like a hero. I loved your stories. I loved everything about you. I loved you.

I love you.

And I love him.

There is probably no way you would, or even could, return my feelings. I apologise if this has made you feel at all uncomfortable.

But in the event of the tiny percentage of possibility that you do return my feelings, please inform me of this.

Prince Virgil.

Is he crazy?! Do I need to answer that?! (...Seriously, do I? I can if you want but I don't know if you care.) Of course his feelings would be requited, he is incredible. I must speak with him, especially now that I am aware that even if he is to be married we could still be together. I wonder if he even knows. I could confess, he is forgiving and says he loves me. It will be ok.

I set the letter down and finished my report to Remus before quickly sealing it in an envelope. I then strode over to Virgil's quarters, making sure the letter is sent to my brother on the way. A lovesick look on my face. This could be the best day of my life.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I hope this was ok. Sorry it's a little bit shorter but now we are going to get into the, what I would consider, the good stuff. Thank you for the votes and reads. It brings a smile to my face every time I see them. Please comment as I would love to hear from you. Thank you and have a lovely day.

-SiD