I

The Silent Heir.
The Strange Child.
The Emo Nightmare Heir.
The Dark Prince.
Prince Virgil.

All of these names have been repeated many times before. You see, King Thomas is my father and is probably the most joyful, energetic man on earth (excluding the Head Royal Baker, Patton). And I am the very opposite. I have anxiety, my favourite colours are dark purple and black, I barely ever speak to others and I am just generally more of a let down.

The main royal staff members I know are Patton who I have previously mentioned and Logan. Pat is sweeter then his cakes, but I would never tell him that. He is always so kind and thinks of me as his child. Whenever anyone is down he comforts them. Though lately, I am not sure if I have wanted to come to him with specific issues.

Logan is very different. He is less emotion based but is the smartest person you will ever meet. He is the Royal Advisor and I have known him since I was tiny. He always theorises with me when I bring up interesting conversations and will listen to me when the king is too busy. I actually have a lot of time and respect for him, something I don't have for many others.

The other servants I don't know very well. I had 1 friend and his name was Janus. He is hilarious and has been my teacher of the language of sarcasm. I'm pretty sure he invented the idea. We have known each other since we were kids as we are princes from neighbouring kingdoms. The only problem is that now we have an arranged marriage, because we are such good friends, to strengthen our kingdoms. It also means that the no-man's-land in the middle of our kingdoms can be ruled by us. The list goes on about why we must be married.

Although I love him platonically, I know that forced love won't do any good and father won't listen. Janus also cares a lot about true love but now he is stuck with me. Luckily, I have a couple of months left before I marry him.

So many changes. I am even getting a new personal servant because my old one Remy barely worked and slept on the job. The new one probably won't like me much but who does. They haven't found a new one yet so I guess we will just have to wait.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Thank you for reading Chapter 1. If there are any mistakes don't hesitate to let me know. I hope you liked it. Have a good day.

-SiD