II

"Roman! Are you even listening?" My brother said. I was thinking again. My mind always wanders. I was thinking about the next task we would get. Oh! That was probably exactly what Remus was trying to tell me about. That's why he was so frustrated when I didn't respond.

"Sorry. Can you repeat that?" I replied. He sighed.
"Roman. We haven't got business for a while but right now we can't take any requests. There is a personal problem that I need to solve."

I was confused there. We are assassins, and probably the best ones you'll get in the no-man's-land at that. Remus usually never passes up the opportunity for a job. Also what's this about. I mean, he has been out of the house late at night more recently, but he doesn't have many friends. I mean he's weird, and I can say that because he's my brother. So why does he have a personal problem?

"Uh. Ok. So what is this 'personal problem' that you have." I asked knowing that he probably wouldn't tell me.
"Not now! Now listen. I need you to pretend to be the new personal servant for the Prince."
"You mean the weird one." I interrupted him.
"No the fat one. Yes you idiot, if we are near him then we will be able to get closer to my- Our selected person. Wait, who else would I be talking about?"
"I don't know. But if he's strange, he might be dangerous or figure me out."
"Oh he won't," Remus said cockily. I could see something sly through his eyes. "He won't have the time." He laughed. 

See what I mean, weird. I created some sort of emotional detachment so when I kill I am almost not in my head. Remus, it's almost like he enjoys it. I don't know. He even seems to have a vested interest in this one. Why doesn't he just kill him... But I guess he always has his reasons and I am not in the mood to be lectured at present so I think I'll leave it for now.

"Stop being so cryptic brother. Also princes get special training for this stuff. Who...who even is the target?"

"Are you ready to kill the prince?"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Thank you for reading. If there are any mistakes please let me know. Also, sorry if I have portrayed Remus in a weird way, but it might male more sense later. I'm not sure. I hope you liked it. Have a lovely day.

-SiD

(P.S: If you saw this being republished on 07/07/20 then nothing changed apart from me adding the picture at the top because it was gone)