"I'd like a lemon iced teas with some sour cream and cheddar chips please. I'm really sorry to ask this of you, but could you also bring me sea blue paint and painting supplies? I don't need those soon," I say.

"Of course, young master. I live to serve you," Tanaka says as she leaves. I sit back on my futon after closing the door.

"So, Haruka, why do they call you Mamoru," I ask reluctantly.

"Only Chiharu calls me that. No one calls her Chi or Haru here, either. Mamoru means "protector," as you know. I have a reputation of protecting Kanashimi from anything and everything. I never leave her side, not since we were younger," he explains. I smile at him. I'm so glad he's sharing this with me.

"At first I objected to it, but Haruka is stubborn, and I'm really grateful to him. People have broken into our garden before. I was so scared but Haruka saved me," Kanashimi says, obviously proud of Haruka.

"Why do you feel the need to protect Kanashimi, Haruka?"

"She makes me feel things I have never felt before, and I must protect this happy feeling I get from seeing her smile. When she's not happy, my pain is worse than it has ever been. She's very special to me," Haruka says as I begin to feel uneasy.

Aren't we all siblings? Has he really fallen in love with his sister?

"Kanashimi is not of our blood. My feelings are pure," Haruka says with his hands over her ears. She smiles, showing no understanding of his words. He removes his hands from her ears.

"What do you mean by that? I thought we all were-" I stop midsentence as Haruka shakes his head, letting me know that the subject isn't to be discussed in front of Kanashimi. I clear my throat. "I've been meaning to ask this for a while now, but your powers, our powers, Chiharu's powers, what are they exactly? What exactly are we studying and what are we training for?"

Just then, Tanaka arrives with the drinks and chips. I thank her for everything and she notifies me that after training, the painting supplies will be delivered to my room. I thank her once again and hand out the drinks and snacks before sitting once again on my futon.

"I am both the-" Haruka covers Kanashimi's mouth.

"That is a question to be answered tomorrow. Today has been a long day and the sun has set. We must rest to have enough energy for the training tomorrow morning. You should sleep too, Ryuunosuke. Goodnight," Haruka says as he leaves with Kanashimi under his arm.

I turn off my lights and feel a sense of panic.

Alone. I'm alone.

I notice the glowing green maid button and press it. Minutes later, Tanaka arrives at my door with a silver tray to her chest.

"Yes, master? What is your request?"

"Please get me two nightlights as soon as you can. Also, I'd like a pet. What do you think would suit me?"

"O-oh u-um... A kitten? Or a dog? Maybe a small yet cute and harmless animal?"

"A dog! I'd like a leonberger puppy, as soon as you can get one please. Also, Tanaka, please call me Ryuu," I say smiling. She bows and disappears, almost as if she teleported.

A dragon of elements is skeptical of teleportation? I need to get used to all of this.

As I try to make sense of everything, Tanaka appears once again, a puppy under one arm, a huge bag of puppy supplies in the same hand, and two nightlights in her opposite hand. She also brought me dinner; filet mignon with mashed potatoes and uncooked broccoli.