♪19♪

It had been a week since Doori's passing and a week since Yoongi had stopped attending his classes. The funeral was held a couple days after the execrable event and it was reserved for the most part. Only close family and friends were able to come as well as Yoongi's friends who she treated as her own children. It was a difficult scene to watch especially when little Yoonji would occasionally fall asleep on her father's lap from the amount of tears she had shed and wake up just to drain herself even more.

Hoseok and Jimin sat on either side of the mint head who had not shed a tear nor shown any sign of emotion since they arrived. Taehyung leaned on Jungkook's shoulder who was still in a bit of a shock considering, much like Hoseok, it hadn't even been two months since he met the nice lady. Namjoon and Jin sat next to the two youngest, reassuringly holding each other's hand while they stirred through the silence.

All in all, the funeral was their last moment to say a proper goodbye to the mother that cared for her children and others, to the wife that held her husband's hand through his problems, to the person that everyone adored... to Min Doori.

"You gonna be okay, Hyung?" Hoseok asked once they stepped out of the car. "You don't have to come if you don't want to."

"As much as I'm not up for school at this moment, I can't mourn forever." Yoongi breathed, heading to the front of the school with the younger by his side.

They walked through the main hallway where a lot of students stood by their lockers, chatting away with their friends. Receiving looks when some people noticed their presence, he reached down to take Yoongi's hand in his to let the older know that he's there for him if he needed it but the older shook his hand off, awkwardly scratching the back of his neck when he saw a few students staring.

He walked ahead of the younger who felt utterly stupid for his action.

Right...

While focused on comforting Yoongi, he almost forgot that he was a 'brownie'.

6 Months Later

There were surely ups and downs through the months that had passed since Min Doori left so suddenly. It wasn't until a month after the funeral that Yoongi suddenly broke down when he saw little Yoonji hugging a framed picture of Doori in her sleep. Hoseok rushed to his house without a second thought when the boy surprisingly called him out of all his other friends.

As for the arranged wedding, despite the loss of Doori, the future plans will continue on for business purposes according to Hoseok's parents and Yoongi's father. They still hung out every weekend because the mint head had claimed that he could at least keep that promise to his mother. Frankly, the brunet didn't complain because he enjoyed the older's company.

It was safe to say that the two had gotten closer over the course of those six months. The brown-eyed boy was always there to console the older whenever he had minor setback... unless they were in school or in public and Hoseok didn't have his blue contacts on. Yoongi still didn't like being seen with the younger but it was okay because at least he was finally warming up to him.

At least that's what Hoseok told himself every time the thought brought him down.

"Hyung." The brown-eyed boy heard Jungkook softly call out to Taehyung who was busy babbling to Jimin and Yoongi. When that didn't work, he weakly tugged on the junior's sleeve.

"Damn it, Jungkook. What do you want?" Taehyung irritatedly snapped at the younger, annoyed that he was being interrupted from his little rant about how blue M&Ms tasted better than the rest of the colors despite his hyungs arguing that they all tasted the same.