7

Just when Hoseok thought that his life couldn't get any more miserable... it does.

Both Yoongi's and Hoseok's parents chatted about business concerns and their agendas while the two high schoolers silently ate their dinner.

Little Yoonji occasionally tugged on Hoseok's sleeve, her big, blue doll-like eyes on display as she politely asked him to grab more food for her since her small, stubby hands couldn't reach the dishes in the middle of the dining table. The brown-eyed boy of course complied, not being able to deny the adorable little girl's pout.

From time to time, Hoseok would take glances of Yoongi who looked pissed about the situation. Since they sat next to each other, the boy could see the other's fist clenched underneath the table. He could tell that Yoongi was trying his hardest not to burst in anger.

He couldn't blame the boy.

He too would be upset if he was forced to marry someone like himself.

"Hoseok dear, why don't you and Yoongi go to your room? Get to know each other." Doori spoke softly with a smile. Hoseok glanced at his mother for approval who nodded in exchange. He smiled and stood up, Yoongi forcing himself to do the same.

They headed upstairs, Hoseok awkwardly leading the way. When they got to the door, he politely held it open for the other who didn't even look at him as he walked into the room. The older proceeded to sit on the swivel chair in front of the computer table near the corner of the room, elbows resting on his knees with his gaze fixated on the grey carpet.

Hoseok wasn't too sure what to do or say. Was he suppose to engage in a conversation? Or was he suppose to keep his mouth shut and let the other decide if he wanted to speak? It felt rude to just stand next to the door like a statue.

His mind finally settled on sitting on the edge of the bed, arms clasped in front of him out of pure anxiety from the tension clouding the room.

The silent atmosphere was getting a little too much for him so he decided to start a conversation.

"Since we have the time, we can start on our song project for Audio Production if you want to." Hoseok suggested as he forced himself to display a smile. He looked at the older who still refused to look at the brown-eyed boy sitting across from him.

"I just downloaded this new program on my computer and it's way better than the last one I had. You see, I like to make music for fun during my spare t-"

"I don't want to listen to you ranting about your fucking hobbies." Yoongi snapped, instantly shutting the younger's mouth.

"I-I'm sorry." The brunet apologized, lowering his head.

"I bet you're fucking happy about this whole marriage, aren't you?" The mint head accused.

"No! N-not at a-"

The other interrupted him with a scoff.

"You've liked me for years now and you expect me to believe you? God you probably fucking begged your parents for this."

"I didn't know! I s-swear I just found out last night."

"I can't believe my parents would marry me off to someone like you." The boy spat out, stinging Hoseok right in the heart. "I already have a boyfriend so why couldn't they just let me marry him? His parents have a business that could also benefit ours. Probably even more than your family's business!"

"But no~" he continued. "I have to be with the school's laughing stock and Jimin has been upset because of it."

"I-I didn't intend to wedge myself between you and Jimin. I'm sorry." Hoseok apologized again, eyes not leaving the sight of his fists balled up in his own lap.

"Save your fucking apologies. They won't change shit." Yoongi stood up, pushing the chair off, making it swivel back and hit the desk, as he stormed out of the room.

The door slammed right as the first tear dropped on Hoseok's hand.

He slowly let himself lay back on the bed before quiet sobs racked his whole body.

After a while, he smiled, not because he found the situation amusing in any way, but because he had to fake his own emotions for himself in hopes that he could trick his own thoughts that none of this was happening...

That his life wasn't as miserable as it really was.