♪14♪

Hoseok laid on his bed, gaze fixated on the ceiling. The stories Doori told him wouldn't leave his thoughts.

"Promise me one thing, never call that boy that word, got it?"

"I promise."

Now that he thought about it, Yoongi had never called him a 'brownie' even now in their current situation. He wasn't so sure if he'd ever said it when the younger wasn't around but just the thought of the older restraining himself from using a stereotypical name for his sake caused his heart to thud louder than usual.

"Don't think too much about it, Hoseok." The boy mumbled to himself, eyes slowly shutting as exhaustion finally took over him.

"Come on, Bunny!" Taehyung excitedly pulled Jungkook to the room Doori had booked for them. "I get dibs on the bed nearest to the window!"

"Hyung, that's not fair!" The freshman whined, pulling his luggage behind him before disappearing into their room.

Hoseok trailed behind Yoongi, silently gripping his luggage by his side, not wanting to do anything that might set off the other's bad mood. It was clear that the mint head didn't want him joining their little trip from the way he'd been harsher towards the brunet ever since they all met up after lunch. He knew the only reason he hadn't been kicked out was because of Doori and her son would never go against her.

It's when Hoseok's rummaging through his belongings with Yoongi facing away from him, sitting on the edge of his own bed, that the younger decided to speak up. "Y-Yoongi-Hyung?"

"What." There was no hint of emotion in his voice as he continued scrolling through his phone, not bothering to look at the other.

"I'm sor-"

"Haven't I told you that I don't like hearing your apologies." The older cut him off, sending an unamused look toward the boy before looking back at his phone screen. "Especially when there's no reason to apologize."

"I know you don't want to share a room with me." The brown-eyed boy said before pulling out his contact lens case from the pocket of his baggage. "I'll switch rooms with Jimin if you really can't stand being in the same space as me."

"My mom wouldn't be so keen of that idea." Yoongi scoffed, standing up to open his own luggage.

"I won't tell eomm- D-Doori about it." He wasn't sure if calling Doori 'eomma' in front of Yoongi was acceptable so he refrained from doing so.

"No need for that, Hoseokie." Jimin barged in the room unexpectedly, slightly startling the boy while Yoongi seemed unfazed as he headed to the bathroom. His boyfriend had given him an extra room key to be able to go into their room whenever he wanted to.

"I already hung all my clothes and I don't need his plain old shirts taking up my closet." Jimin added, earning a weak laugh from the brunet. "Anyways, our friends Jin-Hyung and Namjoon-Hyung just arrived. Come on, I'll introduce you to them."

Jimin reached his hand out to tug on Hoseok's hand, pulling him off of the bed and leading him to another room. Hoseok felt uneasy leaving the room without a chance to put his blue contact lenses on or at least a pair of shades that he regrettably left on the nightstand in his shared hotel room.

=====

Play this song while reading cuz it helps set the mood :)

It's up there too if this one doesn't work for you☝🏼

Song: Colour Me In by Damien Rice

=====

A weight was left from his shoulders when he came to find out that Jin and Namjoon were a nice couple. They kindly introduced themselves to the boy and conversed like there was no hint of judgement in their personalities. They were easygoing people like the rest of their friends and Jin even commented on how much he loved Hoseok's eyes. Namjoon mentioned how it made him unique in a good way. The brown-eyed boy felt welcomed and finally at ease.

Since they arrived considerably late to the hotel, the group decided to just have a small bonfire at the fire pit near the hotel swimming pool.

Taehyung had his arms wrapped around the freshman's waist who wasn't given a choice by the junior to sit anywhere but his lap. Despite Jungkook's protests and claims of his 'straighter than a chopstick' sexuality, the other tightened his embrace on the boy and placed his chin on top of the younger's shoulder. Namjoon and Jin snuggled on the other end of the bench, looking like the perfect couple every time Namjoon played with Jin's hair to calm him, the other sighing in content from just being in the arms of his beloved boyfriend.

On the other bench, Jimin sat between Yoongi and Hoseok. He had snuggled himself further into the jacket that Yoongi offered him when he saw that the younger was shivering despite the trickling fire in the middle of the scene. Hoseok felt out of place as he usually did and all he could do was focus his attention on the incandescent flames in front of him. The admirable warm hues reflected a beautiful yellowish glow on everyone's features, emphasizing each one's own beauty. Their blue eyes had never looked more breathtaking under darkened skies and the luminescent moon.

Hoseok could only imagine how his own orbs could have emitted the same pulchritude if they were the same color as everyone else's. He once told himself that he'd eventually learn to love his physical contrast from the world... but how could he accept a part of him that distinguished such a bad reputation for himself? A part of him that determined his life, affected his choices, and filled his childhood with nothing but self-hatred?

It seemed impossible.

He shivered when a cold breeze passed by, it didn't look like anyone else was bothered by it since everyone had each other as a heat source. The boy inaudibly sighed, wrapping his own arms around his torso as he could only rely on the dying fire that seemed to exhaust itself as time slowly passed.