5

Hoseok's mind kept wandering off as his Audio Production teacher gave instructions on how he expected the class to run through out the year.

He couldn't help it, he was going to marry a total stranger in the span of less than a year. He knew he would feel lonely for the rest of his life but now he'd have to be stuck with a person yet still feel that loneliness in his heart.

"Jung Hoseok, please focus." The teacher called out, making the boy jump a little. The class snickered and he could only nod, looking back at his computer screen.

He was glad he chose the very last computer in the room that faced the wall. The seat next to him was also unoccupied which was a plus.

If only it had stayed like that.

"You're late." The teacher sighed after the sound of a door opening interrupted his talking. Hoseok couldn't see who it was since his desktop was in the way. "Please take a seat in front of that empty desktop. That'll be your seat for the rest of the year." The boy saw the teacher point to the seat next to him and he mentally cursed to himself.

Footsteps get closer until the person was finally revealed when they were about to take their seat.

Yoongi.

The older looked at the brown-eyed boy in horror which caused a pang of sadness in Hoseok.

In sophomore year, Sehun had played a cruel prank on Hoseok. He slipped a 'love letter' inside his locker, claiming that it was from Yoongi, and since the other wasn't thinking straight, he believed it. He confronted Yoongi about it but the boy only looked at him with confusion. Suddenly students started crowding them with their cameras up, recording everything, while laughing at Hoseok for having a crush on Yoongi.

People also started making fun of Yoongi for being nice to Hoseok in the first place so as expected, he started acting differently to him. Next thing the boy knew, the mint head came to school one day with a new boyfriend and all Hoseok could focus on was his heart trying its best to keep working even with all the broken pieces.

"Can I get another seat? Please?" Yoongi begged their teacher. Looking back at his monitor, Hoseok acted as if the situation didn't bother him because he knew if he didn't, he would start tearing up.

"Latecomers don't get to pick their seats." He said, averting his eyes from the older boy to the brown-eyed boy with a snicker before continuing his speech. Oh, so he purposely sat Yoongi next to the 'brownie' of the school as a punishment. How endearing.

Yoongi sighed, having no other choice but to take his seat and so that's what he did.

"We'll be starting off the year with a partner project." The teacher said with a mischievous glint in his eyes, making everyone groan. "Your partner will be the person next to you and you two will compose a song. I'll lead you through the basic steps and you two will have to use your own imagination and work your magic together to make it a hit."

"That fucking asshole." Yoongi mumbled under his breath towards the teacher but Hoseok clearly heard it.

Yoongi and Hoseok already took Audio Production last year, Hoseok a junior and Yoongi a senior, but they each decided to take it again since it was an easy class. Although the brown-eyed boy was a bit confused as to why the older was still around.

"I know what you're thinking." The mind head suddenly spoke up, scaring Hoseok. "Long story short, I got held back for having bad grades."

The younger didn't say anything, just nodded shyly.

It was nothing but tensed silence after that. They didn't talk about the project and Hoseok wasn't too sure if they'll even get a good grade on it since they were already off to a bad start.

After a long, and mentally painful, class, the bell rang and Yoongi quickly stormed off to his next class which left the younger in a state of relief.

They went along their day without having to interact or sit next to each other in any of their other classes which, if Hoseok had to admit, he was thankful for.

But the day was not over yet.

=====

A/N: Iz my birthday yeet

Edit: Guys, no need to greet me. That was almost a year ago and my birthday is literally about to come up again lol