12| Groom to be

Faith P.O.v

I got ready pulling my hair in a messy bun trying to look unpresentable as possible.

I pulled on a pair of flats and grabbed my bag and jogged downstairs.

"Honey what's wrong with your hair and I thought you hate the dress," he said stating the dress that reached my ankle.

"N0, dad I love it. I want in to see what he's marrying, "I said bitterly but with a mechanical smile on my face.

He sighed a grabbed his jacket.

"Whatever just behave they are our in-laws after all," this man is ruining my life.

The journey was long and quiet.

We stopped at a beautiful house not too far from my house it was in the neighborhood but I wouldn't know.

I don't go out much because of my excessively religious and possessive father.

We got out of the car and I looked at the house amazed.

At least he has a nice house although King has mansions and hotel suites all over the globe.

It's not the bank figures I watch it's their affection.

I examined the house painted burgundy and white.

It looks nice and a good size house to raise a family.

I walked to the door with dad and waits as he rang the doorbell and waited for my groom to be.

The door opened and I saw Mrs.Evans. I remembered her she used to be a regular member of my church along with her husband she moved away years ago though.

They are also very religious but that's not what terrified me the most it's their son Parker Evans.

He had a crush on me since high school.

He somehow gained the title as the school nerd because he wore glass and stammered and was excessive clumsy. Not only that but he was unhealthily shinny and wore braces.

I knew he liked me, but everything about him in high school was unwelcoming.

I was kind of glad dad didn't allow me to date in high because he'd always ask me out.

My smile was fake and rehearsed.

"Hi Mrs. Evans, "I said greetings her.

"Hi my dear come in Parker is excited to see you," she said smiling her smile scared me.

I wished I could say the same. I wanted to run and hide.

When will they start asking for grandkids?.

I walked as dad hand guide my shoulders mainly so I wouldn't run away. I step in reluctantly.

We walked to the living room where her husband Mr.Evans was.

"Wow you've grown into a gorgeous young lady," he said smiling and looking at me.

It was either he's blind or being nice because there was nothing gorgeous about my dress or me at this very minute.

My dress was oversize and dirty brown which reminds me of a dirty puddle of muddy water.

My hair resembles a birds nest right now.

"Thanks, "I said barely audible as I went to take a seat.

They were talking about Church.

How shocking.

"Honey can you please call Parker downstairs," she asked kindly and I went.

I didn't want to be rude.