04|Marriage proposal

Faith P.O.v

I sat around the dinner table eating, there was an awkward silence amongst us. Dad hasn't said a word since we got back from church. I wondered if it was because of that Keisha scene.

Of course idiot.

He is clearly not okay when he's this quiet. He would usually talk about how lovely church was and about how good I was with the kids.

This was one of those dinners that usually ends with us fighting.

"Dad you're quiet again, "I said staring at him.

I can't take the hostility in the atmosphere any longer.

"Even a fool is considered wise when he shuts his mouth," he said quoting a Bible verse.

I could hear it in his voice something's definitely wrong and he was using the Bible to make me feel bad.

"Dad, I know something's bothering you, "I wanted him to say what was wrong.

I didn't even bother getting into a Bible argument with him.

He was still quiet.

"By your words, you will be justified or condemned, "I said getting into it. He is a stubborn old man.

He is where I got all my stubbornness from. He's not going to give up that easily.

"There's a time for everything and a time to speak and now is not the time," he said digging the fork in his food and putting it in the mouth while chewed it uncomfortably.

I know this old man mind works. I have to drag things out of him.

I got up from my table and went over to him and I was willing to get down on my knees a begged him if that's what it takes.

I got on my knees and looked him in the eyes. He stopped and looked directly at me.

"Dad! why are you upset with me please tell me what's wrong?"I plead.

"The doctor said, you should not stress it's affecting your Heath. Why don't you take care of yourself?"I started crying on his lap.

Just a month ago I found out he was sick when he collapsed in church.

The old man was hiding this from me the whole time. It was when I went to the hospital the doctors told me he had a tumor in his brain.

I knew he couldn't stand seeing me cry.

"Get up faith, why are you crying? Don't you understand I just don't want to talk," he hissed. He stood up brushing me off him.

"Finish your dinner before it gets cold," he said staring at my plate. I haven't touched anything of the food I prepared.

"I'm not hungry," I said losing my appetite. If he's not going to tell me, I won't eat.

"I won't eat until you tell me what's bothering you, "I crossed my arms stubbornly.

He started chuckling and I was surprised and confused as the same time.

What's so funny?.

"My dear daughter Faith, so dramatic. I can't hide anything from you can't I?" he asked still amused by reaction.

"No, you can't know so what's wrong?"I asked.

"I'm planning a wedding in four weeks," he said as my eyes widened with curiosity.

Weddings make so happy. I like weddings but whose wedding could dad be planning?.

"Whose wedding?"I ask curiously.