Becoming: Part 1/2

Third person POV

Jim screamed in fear and fell to the ground. Dakota got in front of Jim and growled at the stranger. "Master Jim! We mean you no harm we simply wish to discuss some matters of utmost importance. So would you kindly call off your canine companion?"

Dakota turned her head to Jim to see if he was injured in any way. She wondered what this thing was and how it new Jims' name.

Jim looked at the stranger in fear and immediately called Dakota. "Dakota! Here girl!" He said in desperation and fear hoping she would listen.

She reluctantly walked towards Jim while he grabbed her collar. "Thank you, Master Jim! Now I believe that it is time that we introduce ourselves. I am know as Blinky."

Then another stone creature with a green mane came out, "Hi" he said judging by the voice it was obviously a male. Jim gave a shout in suprise at the other stranger. "It's Aaarrrgghh, three r's."

Then Blinky started talking again, "Master Jim, you have been chosen" "Blinky they look scared" "Uh, Aaarrrgghh, my good fellow, would you mind? This is a moment of some solemnity."

"Solemily?" "It means serious and dignified" "Hm, dig-oo-nified."

Dakota gave an impatient growl at the two, still sitting near Jim.

Blinky gave a sheepish smile and continued speaking to them, "Oh right sorry. Now, where was I?" "Uh, Master Jim found you" "Yes. Thank you. Master Jim, you have been chosen. The Amulet of Daylight challenges you to ascend to the most sacred of offices."

"Orifices? What orifices?" "Offices. It means responsibility." Then he continued.
"Unbeknownst to your kind, there is a secret world, a vast civilization of trolls lurking beneath your feet, hidden from view."

"Tro-tr-trolls?" Jim asked nervously "Yes, trolls. And it is now your charge to protect them. For you, Master Jim, are the Trollhunter." "Trollhunter?" Blinky continued "This honor is yours to accept. So, what say you?" and just like that Jim passed out. "Is that a yes?" Aaarrrgghh questioned Blinky.

They looked and the sleeping boy as his canine companion was sniffing at him in worry. "Do not worry, Dakota. It was Dakota, right?" Blinky asked the wolf. She gave a small bark "Do not worry, Dakota, Master Jim will be alright. In the mean time we shall make our leave, but we will be back the following night. Understood?" Blinky explained to Dakota.

She just growled at the two but nodded in understanding.