The Reveal | Ours Blurb | Shawn Mendes

Summary: You and Shawn decide to come out with your relationship and announce your son Milo to the world. A bonus blurb from the Ours universe. [fluff] [dad shawn]

Word Count: 1.6k

"Do you think it's time we came out with Milo?" You ask as you round the corner in the baby section of a local Target. "It's been four months now, we're bound to get spotted sooner or later."

"Yeah, we should probably say something." Shawn grabs a grey and blue baby carrier off the shelf and turns it over in his hands. "I think I'd rather have my fans and media find out from us directly than have some random photo appear online with no explanation."

"It's a solid idea."

"Yeah. I'm just selfish though, I wanna keep the little dude all to myself."

You stroke Milo's little foot that's sticking out of his fuzzy blanket covering him in the carrier. "It's not selfish to want to have a private life. It's normal. If you're not ready yet, I'm totally cool with it."

"Nah, it's fine. Like I said, better sooner than later." Shawn turns and holds up the carrier box. "This is the coolest thing I've ever seen."

"A carrier?"

"Yeah! Look," he points to the picture of the mom on the box with her baby strapped in against her chest. "I could carry Milo hands free and have him right against me. He'd love it, I'd love it. We're getting this."

You chuckle. Seeing Shawn get excited over baby products is the most heartwarming thing. Just the other day he discovered lavender scented night time baby lotion. He loves it so much he uses it himself before he gets in bed. The last few months have been incredible and you have no idea how you would have done it without him. Every day you fall more in love.

"Let's go to the bath stuff. He needs more lotion."

"Well he wouldn't if his daddy would stop using it all."

Shawn looks offended. "I don't see his mommy complaining when daddy has soft skin and smells incredible."

You roll your eyes. "You smell like baby and lavender. I'm not sure that's incredible or any better than your usual cologne."

Shawn wraps his arm around you and plays with Milo's foot as you head to the baby care aisle. "Say what you will but I know how you snuggle into me in the middle of the night and snuffle into my chest."

Milo coos softly in a perfectly timed coincidence making it sound like he agrees and you look at Shawn's smug face.

"Oh shut up."

"Mmmhmm. Even our son know you can't resist me."

_____________________

You spend half an hour trying to figure out how to get the baby carrier attached to Shawn's chest and when you finally do he is like a kid on Christmas. Milo is sleeping in his crib, exhausted from your shopping trip through he actually slept through most of it anyways. Shawn doesn't want to bother him just yet so he just wanders around wearing the carrier for a few minutes adjusting to the feel of it.

"So, I think I should post a picture of me and this awesome baby holder." Shawn says, posing like he's holding Milo in it.

"With or without Milo?"

"With."

"Do you think maybe we should post a better picture with an explanation?"

Shawn goes into Milo's room and lifts him up in his little bear pajamas, clearly tired of waiting. He doesn't seem to be phased as Shawn slides him into the carrier, his little legs and feet poking out the bottom. "Nah, I wanna do it like this."