Serendipity | Shawn Mendes | Werewolf AU

Summary: After a very drunk one night stand you end up pregnant and you're still searching for the guy you slept with, wondering if he could be your mate. Five months in and Shawn walks into your life and you think you just might have found your actual mate after all. [pregnancy] [mates] [werewolf au] [fluff]

Word Count: 4k

"Y'know, I still can't believe you got pregnant from a one night stand," Maci says from behind the register after a customer leaves, the bell chiming upon their exit. You look over to her and she raises her eyebrows, long red hair falling to the side as she tilts her head. She is your best friend and business partner, just like the sister you never had.

"It's been five months for goodness sake. When will you stop saying that?" You laugh and turn away from restocking your homemade lavender sleep lotion. "I'm having this baby whether or not you believe it."

"I mean obviously, that balloon is gonna pop in no time. I'm just still in awe you want to be a single mom. Why not adopt it out?"

You sigh. "We've been over this. Unlike you, I want children. And also unlike you, I'm a werewolf and I want to hold out for my mate, who I'm pretty sure doesn't exist anymore or I actually missed him and ended up with this." You pat your striped shirt over your bulging belly.

"Still no luck? You've tried like every missed connections app for mates. And nothing? What about that one guy, Mike?"

"Micah. He was lying. As soon as he found out I was pregnant he ran faster than a Scooby Doo villain."

Maci rolls her eyes. "Yeah, I remember now. He was the guy with the frosted tips right?"

"Yep. What a douchebag."

Maci chuckles and comes around the counter to help you lift a crate full of bath bombs onto the shelf . You chit chat more about how you're pretty sure the guy you slept with probably lives way out of town or something. She theorizes that he is actually a spy who can never reveal his identity to keep you safe. It's a good laugh, but honestly you wish you could find him. He felt so right. It hurts to think you've missed him entirely.

___________________________

The shop door chimes and you look up from the computer at the register. You've been filling orders with Maci all morning. Christmas was approaching and everyone wanted homemade bath and body care. It helps that you saved enough to get a local ad spot on the news website, and it's definitely paying off big time.

As you glance to see who's come in and greet them, you're taken aback. The man who's come in looks familiar, though you aren't sure why. He definitely didn't go to high school with you and Maci. He also wasn't a regular. Maybe he just had one of those faces, but you don't think that's it. He feels...electric. Everything about his presence is drawing you in and you know you're staring and it's awkward now.

"Good morning. Welcome to Lunar Salt."

The man smiles and lifts a hand. "Hey. Are you able to help me find something?"

"I sure can." You slide off your chair and walk around the counter to meet him. He's much taller than you and he stares at you with curious eyes. The bulging stomach no doubt. "What're you looking for?"

"Hand cream. My hands get really dry with the new job I started."

"Alright." You lead him to the baskets of hand creams by the window. "I recommend the lemongrass and citrus. It's subtle but hydrating. If not that one, there is the cinnamon and cream that is-"

"Do I know you?"

You stop and look up at him. His eyes are gorgeous, soft and golden with hints of green. Definitely a werewolf like you. "W-what?"